qustions on plant parts

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Herbage, Apr 25, 2011.

1. so my first question is whats a set of leaves of it. cause right now one of my plants is about 4 in tall and from bottom to top it goes up to the seed leafs then it like breaks off into a Y and has 2 big leafs on either side with some smaller ones coming in the from there up the stems thickens and goes up into another Y and on both sides there are 3 leafs with smaller ones growing in where the stems meet then from the stem it goes into another Y and on both sides has 5 leafs from there up it has another Y set with 7 leafs on it. and thats it. im thinking about topping. and i read the topping thread but just got confused at the leaf set part. any help would be great..
    thanks

2. What?? Don't understand this bit.

You're confused? This is very hard to follow. Sounds like your plant has already been topped. How about a pic or two to illustrate your point?

3. gotcha gimmi a sec

4. Okay so hears some pic. I didnt see this till i moved it out it grow box but where i said the plants goes into the last Y and had 7 leaves on each side was wrong. I looked closer at it and it looks like the steps getting larger and there leaves peaking out. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. And also Im aware of the burns on her it was my fault and she's recovering good from it

6. I still don't understand what you're trying to ask here:-

Regarding topping, if you wanted to top the plant so that it had 4 main stems, cut as shown here.
    I wouldn't cut it that short, though, it's purely an example.:-

Attached Files:

7. okay what i heard is to wait till the third or forth set of leaves come in to top. thats what confused me about topping

8. #8 Wardrobe, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    Yeah. Let it get a little older.
    Here's one I just did at 6 pairs of leaves/branches, 16 days old.:-
    (Look closely and you can see where the main tip is missing.)

Attached Files:

9. Alright Ill post a pic on its one month and see if it ready yet.

10. Gotta let it get a little size, be patient, no need to rush topping. I think wait about 3 weeks of veg growth before you top it.

11. Yes i see.. But you obviosly have way better lighting then me. Which im working on getting more. But that plant is 19 days old from being planted in soil.

12. Topping causes the bottom branch to grow up. If you top too early when it's just one little shoot growing up from the ground, it'll probably die. When it has other branches shooting off from the bottom of the main stem, then you can top because those other branches will come up. The "parts" that will become other branches probably look like little baby leafs right now.

13. I see what your saying. I did see a couple really tiny leaf looking things on it. Soi guess ill wait it out and follow what you said

14. Herbage, the number of nodes, (pairs of leaves), is more important than the actual age in days.

Spazik, the Canna nutes and additives contain everything you need, including beneficial bacteria, enzymes, accelerator etc.
    No need to add anything except a bit of perlite.