Quotes, who doesn't like them?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dirty Naledge, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Alright well i was thinking about some quotes earlier and i realized how interesting they can be sometimes. :smoking: And i thought a thread about sharing quotes would be kinda fun.

So here we go, basically post any quotes you've heard, appreciate, made up, hate or think should gain popularity.
    Also if you would like you can share what you feel or ponder about when you read/hear the quote(s) you chose.

Ill start it off with two i like:
    "When you are in love you can't fall asleep, because reality is better than your dreams."

"A drunken mind speaks the sober heart."

The first quote always makes me happy and sad at the same time because it reminds me of an old relationship.
    The second quote never fails to remind me of hilarious drunk texts for some reason.

But anyways, your turn. ;)

2. i'll post the quote i have tattooed on my back!

when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

3. "face down, ass up, thats the way we like to fuck."

4. Great idea for a tattoo, i like that a lot. nice quote!

5. i have a lot of quotes im planning to get tatted on me, but i just gotta get a bit more cash first ;)

here's the ones that come to my mind at the moment:

"Do what you like, and do it honesty"

"Now you will receive us! we do not ask for your poor and your hungry. we do not ask for your tired and your sick. It is your corrupt that we claim. It is your evil that will be shot by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, till it rains down from the skies!"

"There are those who do what they're told, and then there are those who stay truth to themselves"

6. "Fortes fortuna adiuvat."
    Fortune favors the brave.

“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela

“This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him.” - William Lyon Phelps

"You cannot ever hope to pay back the people who helped you when you were starting out, so instead you pay forward, and try to lend a hand to the ones who come up after you."

"What a difference there is between two kinds of actions – an act whose pleasure passes away but its ill consequence remains; and an act whose hardship passes away but its reward stays." - Ali ibn Abi Talib

"Waiting is a sin. Moments are meant to be experienced; waiting is a sin against both the time that is still to come, and against the moments one is currently disregarding."
    Niel Gaiman – Neverwhere

"Good is good even if no one is doing it. Bad is bad even if everyone is doing it."

“Chance favors the prepared mind.”
    amended from the original quote:
    “In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind.”
    - Louis Pasteur

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training." - Archilochus, Greek Soldier, Poet

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
    Talent will not; nothing is more common than
    unsuccessful people with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
    Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
    The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve
    the problems of the human race."
    – Calvin Coolidge

"The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions." – Confucius

“In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” - Albert Camus

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.