Quote Wars Round 1.

Discussion in 'General' started by burnttwaffle, Aug 9, 2008.

1. “As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same”

- Nelson Mandela

2. "In a gentle way, you can shake the world." ~ Mohandas Gandhi

3. *Bump*

I enjoy this thread too much to watch it be buried. Come on now people!

4. ill give this 2 more days

and if no1 has anything else u win!

5. Life, which all creatures love and strive to keep Wonderful, dear and pleasant unto each, Even to the meanest; yea, a boon to all Where pity is, for pity makes the world Soft to the weak and noble for the strong. ~ Edwin Arnold (Light of Asia)

6. "Life's a garden. Dig it." -Joe Dirt

7. "Once upon a time. In a galaxy far, far away." - Introduction to Star Wars

8. "Im not like them
    But I can pretend
    The sun is gone
    But I have a light
    The day is done
    But Im having fun
    I think Im dumb
    Or maybe just happy"
    - Nirvana

9. "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." ~ Mohandas Gandhi

10. "happiness is a warm gun" - Beatles

11. “Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

12. The true perfection of man lies not in what man has, but in what man is.
    - Oscar Wilde

13. "No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar."
    -Abraham Lincoln

14. "Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said." --Mark Twain

or

"He who is not sure of his memory should not undertake the trade of lying." --Montaigne

15. "appearance, so don't think that my skin is perfect. But I try to take care..." (Jennifer Gardner)

16. ^^ Seems offtopic so I'm gonna respond to TheHempress

"Truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it and ignorance may deride it, but, in the end, there it is." ~ Winston Churchill

17. thank you man. if its bullshit and unrelated and doesnt work, respond to the person b4 and so on

thanx guys i didnt think this thread would take off as much as it did, maby everyone just wants this prize i got all cooked up

18. "There are no whole truths: all truths are half-truths. It is trying to treat them as whole truths" that plays the devil." Alfred North Whitehead

19. "You want the truth. You cant handle the truth" ( Jack Nicholson~ A Few Good Man)

20. "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan