quote notifications

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by SassyMelassy, Apr 10, 2012.

1. So I dig the new feature, my only issue is not being able to keep that section minimized like I can with my infraction, subscribed posts, and rep sections. With "Who Quoted Me," I minimize it, but if I navigate away from the page and come back, it's back in it's long form.
    Is that something fixable?

2. I'm putting this in the tech area for gnik... :)

3. Thank you.

4. Looks like it's sorted out, just click the arrow to the right of the box.

5. ^^^ Nope...minimize (close, or whatever ya wanna call it...) that list, then reload (F5) and...tah dah...it's open again...the other ones (threads, forums, groups, rep, etc...) stay minimized...

Minor issue though...;)

6. Is there a way to link it to the quote? Like the "here" from before in the PM versions.

The Only two links (in the drop down box on my user cp) are going to the OP or the persons profile that quoted me. Other then that, all works well :D

7. Yep your right, also... i'm not even getting notifications when i get quoted. it's cool Gnik drazil to the rescue :)

8. Was working before...now it takes me to OP too...:confused_2:

edit: Hang on...I just let the tab sit idle for a minute, and it went from OP to the post I was quoted in...:confused:...weird...

Yeah...same here...no worries...I'm sure gnik will get the bugs out, as usual...:D

9. OK it gave me a notification when you quoted me then. weird.

10. Will take a look at this tomorrow , too focused on the new style :smoke:

11. No worries gnik...not a life or death problem by any means...just pointing out things as they happen 'cause sometimes us stoners tend to forget about things after a bit...;):laughing:

12. ^^ This.
    I'm adaptable. Even if it didn't get fixed. I'd get over it. Just a friendly suggestion, is all.

13. Woah, there are quote notifications now? That's awesome.. However I've not received any notifications for being quoted, and I'm pretty positive I've been quoted recently.

14. I have a question regarding the quote notifications...

Will it be like the rep comments, where it only shows a certain number?
    Or will they keep building up?
    I was just wondering because I noticed that they don't go away after you click on them like other notifications do. Which isn't a problem, unless they're unlimited and continue building up into a long wall of quote notifications. :p

But if they're limited and will only display a certain number of quote notifications, then that seems totally fine to me. Just figured I'd ask. :D

15. They will display latest 20 received notifications though they are stored in DB.

16. I'm not a paid member anymore but i still get quote notifications every now and then.

Does that mean that if a paid member quotes a message it goes to the op and if the op quotes the paid, then he get a message.

i'm sorry for the question but just wanted to make sure cause i haven't heard anything about it.

17. Notifications only function for some defined user groups and you are not in any of them.

18. I still get notifications.

from paid users

19. Awesome! Thanks, gnik. :D

20. Mine stopped working a couple of days ago...before that it was off and on...now it's just flat out not working...:confused_2: