Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

quitting

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sara13, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Basically I quit weed 3 months ago after 16yrs of smoking it however I also on the same day quit coke (the drink) aftter 7 years of 2 litre bottle a day. Now does anyone know what side effects I should be getting right now as I do feel well dodgy! Ive experienced panic attacks which ive never had im extreeeeemly tired is there anything anyone can add for me as im unsure thanks so much xxx S

2. 3 months ago? and you still feel like shit? see a doctor. 

3. I agree.
    The first thing he should do is talk to his doc ASAP and see what's going on. You shouldn't be having problems after stopping to smoke marijuana.

4. Cannabis has recently been studied to have effects on blood sugar (new diabetes research) The coke may have been affecting your sugars with cannabis leveling it out, without both after 16 years is a big change for your body. People don't realize.... Cannabis really is a medicine. You just quit taking your medicine.

5. There's no such thing as physical withdrawal from cannabis deprival, though you could very well feel psychologically unstable. Think about it as a chocolate cake (that has no addictive chemicals/components in it) that you really enjoy; after 16 years of constant eating, you suddenly stop. It should struck the nerve whenever you pass by a local store that sells said cake, right?

Coke, on the other hand, contains sugar and a whole lot of other chemicals that aren't even cited in the bottle labels. I'd say you'll find a harder time depriving yourself from Coke rather than cannabis.

6. #6 GratefulFred, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    You quit two drugs on the same day, so who knows?  Arguably the coke was worse than the weed.

See your doctor.  If you're healthy get some cardio exercise, at least 20-30 minutes a day 3-4 days  a week.  I also recommend taking some a vitamin B 50 complex.  These should help you get better sleep which should help with the tiredness.  Also if you replaced the coke with multiple cups of coffee, try to cut back and not drink any caffeine after 12:00 pm - again, you want to get a good night's sleep.

Also if you're compensating with booze that can mess with your sleep patterns as well.