Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting weed and anxiety?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr Stoned, Jul 17, 2010.

1. A lot of people say anxiety is one of the 'withdrawals' from ceasing weed after smoking heavily for a long period of time. I don't really understand this though. Personally, I get a lot more anxious when I am smoking because, if I'm in the wrong frame of mind, it hones in like a magnifying glass on all my shortcomings and small issues become unbearably daunting prospects. When I'm sober the only time i get remotely anxious is when I'm lying awake unable to sleep and when aI wake up I'm like 'wtf was I worrying about all that shit for?' I find T Breaks make me a lot LESS anxious than smoking regularly.

What do you find?

2. I was always a little shy/nervous in certain social situations. I used to wake up in the mornings with the feeling of impending doom. I would get a nervous feeling in my chest for no reason. I started smoking cannabis about two years ago and never thought it would do anything for me except get me "high". I kid you not, I have not had one of these panic attacks since I started smoking. For me at least, cannabis makes me more social, less nervous and keeps me from having extreme anxiety over the littlest things.

3. i just find my life different with out weed. i dont realy like it haha. Like it keeps me mellow and my mind not going 3 billion miles an hour. so it helps in the sense that with weed i get the job done, with out weed i ponder and tiptoe around whatever i have to do and it doesnt get done.

4. I only get anxious like you said without weed when I am at home bored. If I can manage to get out the door and do something I am okay. Now just to find 45-60 days of things to do....

5. Start free basing. Then you'll appreciate the weed break that much more.

6. I actually had to stop smoking because of anxiety issues. I haven't smoked in who knows how long...of course all I was smoking was low mids, and I really only enjoy smoking Indica because Sativa fucks with my head too much, given I have OCD and it messes me up. The question is, if it makes you anxious when you smoke (to the OP) why do you smoke?

7. weed is weird for me, cause i do get anxious sometimes when smoking (from sativas, like the above poster said.. ocd goes crazy as well), but in general it really mellows me out, especially in the long term. my last t break sucked, i was just high strung and didn't wanna deal with everyday bullshit. even when im not high, if ive been smoking regularly im alot more relaxed and comfortable