Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

quitting, starting all over again?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Blazed., Nov 28, 2009.

1. So having been a member of the city for a few months, i've constantly just been trolling the forums, reading things that spike my interest. But lately things have really started to change.

At this point in my life, i've realized that the friends i've made are just smoking buddies, rather than friends i'd be able to hangout with or without herb. I always hear the "do you have herb?" When sometimes it'd be nice to just hangout and be able to spend some time with them and realize what it is really like being with them.

Now that i've spent a majority of my time sober, i've really been able to notice and cherish the smaller things in life that i would normally pass by if i was high. Even time with my own family, i've really grown closer and started relationships that i hadn't had while i was smoking often.

As i take the time to really stop and think about my life, maybe marijuana has affected me negatively. It's stopped me from realizing my full potential.

So, rather than just sitting around and smoking a bowl i should've been doing something productive that would really have a positive effect on myself.

I bid my farewell to the city, maybe as i grow older i will rekindle, my relationship with herb, but for now i think this may be the end.

Thanks for all the good times GC.
    -Blazed.

2. Fair enough love :) Ill smoke a phat joint for you tonight :smoke:

3. Sounds like it's time for a celebratory blunt for your sobriety. Good luck to you, enjoy life.

4. You are kind of right. I mean i became friend with most of my friends before we start smoking alot. We used to hang out with out weed. but now i feel like every time im with them we are askng each other "do you have herb" to. Or we are hanging out together to smoke later on.:confused:

5. I wish you luck with your sobriety, but do not shun marijuana, there are times for sobriety and there are times for smoking .

6. Much respect for setting your priorities straight. I wish you nothing but the best in life, and if the time comes where you smoke again, feel free to come back... i'll still be here.

7. lol, i think you used the wrong verb in that sentence there. :rolleyes:

8. man sounds like u dunt no how to chill out and enjoy being stoned wat else u gona do afta work lol :smoking:

9. you won't need it, but i'm giving you rep.
    good luck bro!!!

10. Im the same way man. I havent bought myself bud in weeks, the only times i blaze are on some fridays when i jam with my friends and blazing is sort of a ritual then lol. But it does feel much better to not even have it on your mind or anything like that. Makes accomplishing things easier. and stopping is a lot easier than people think

11. Much respect (the real kind, not the forum kind) to you for making a decision you think will better you. Many people have run into the same wall you have but didn't appreciate the gravity of the importance associated with it.
    Some people try to use weed as a handicap thinking it's helping them, when it becomes more of an excuse not to do or realize things.
    Take this time of clarity to figure out the important aspects of your life and how weed should or shouldn't have played a part in your life.
    It'll help you if you ever decide to blaze back, or drop the dank for good :)

12. Thank you, for all the different opinions.

I've been doing some thinking, and i do believe for this point in time it is best to stop with the herb. There are indeed times in which one should stay sober, when it is necessary.

I hope this may have shed light to others, unsure how marijuana is a part of your life. that there is time where you should concentrate to better your life. And maybe even, your life will be better with marijuana, maybe without it. Who knows, but to all those here, do not abuse the herb. It is, an amazing thing, but everything has its time.

I do, hope to be back. I will be sure to check in on the city and you blades every once in awhile. Thanks for all the times and the hours i've spent here.

Goodbye GrassCity.
    Blazed.