Quitting smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zonyc, Apr 11, 2009.

1. #1 Zonyc, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    Cigarettes that is. Does anyone have any experience quitting? I'm sick of paying 9+ bucks a pack and going through a pack every two days. Our lovely government decided to increase the tax even more as of two days ago so who knows what the cost will be now. I don't really have an addictive personality, and I have quit for months at a time, but it's the whole act of smoking I enjoy (does that count as addiction?)

I'm curious if anyone has any advice or tips, or even better any experience? I have a friend who has been quitting for years. She's hooked on the gum, so it doesnt seem like the best approach. Anyways, anyone else planning on quitting? I'm kind of tipsy at the moment, so if this post makes no sense, I appologize in advance :D

Edit: I just realized the irony. I was smoking a ciggy as I posted this! lol :)

2. Nope...ive never had a cig before only hookah...
    but heres my theory...if you start smoking splif joints for a little.
    then start smoking joint with pure weed.
    youll be over tabac?

3. Hey! Thats a pretty good idea. I never smoke my J's with tobacco in them since I think it sorta ruins the taste. It may be worth trying though! The only problem is I may just reach for a cig after I smoke that spliff anyways :p I guess self control comes into it, and I've never really been too great at that lol.

4. yeah well you should just pour out all the tobacco in a bag so you dont have the feel to smoke a cig.
    and just tell your self you wanna quit...and believe it and itll come to you.
    im sure youll get over it if you just try..

5. Sugar free gum. Weed.

6. Yeah I've heard of popping some gum and replacing the habbit. You think that actually works? Guess I should just finish this pack off and give it a whirl.

7. Good luck man, hope you can kick that nasty habit. I'm sure your lungs will thank you.

8. Thanks guys! GC fuckin rawks!

9. I went cold turkey a couple months ago and weed is keeping me from going back.