Quitting Smoking...

Discussion in 'General' started by Yurp420, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Cigarettes that is.

Give me some helpful hints to quit. Coughing up tar from my lungs ain't too good in the winter. And don't tell me to quit weed too. That's impossible.

2. Hm no real tips besides be strong and resist it. It's gonna suck and all but in the end it's better.

No need to stop smoking bud though.

I suggest eating Bananas regularly as they produce serotonin in your brain and there gonna make you feel happier through the shitty time your gonna have.

Best of luck :smoke:

3. This is my 3rd week of quitting cigs and it is ALOT better than the 2 weeks before. I hardly even think about smoking now and all the physical withdrawals are gone except I get the odd craving but there gone really quick now and there way less intense.I have way more energy and more confidence to do everyday things.

The first 2 weeks for me was really hard I was ALWAYS pissed off and couldnt think straight at all it was like my mind was a cloud everything felt like it wasnt actually happening. You will eat alot more and the food will taste better. I notice now when I wake up I can get up right away as before I would lay in bed for a while before getting up. You will have way more energy which for me at first was a bad thing because theres nothing to do around here to use that energy on so I found myself walking around the house constantly and punching shit for almost no reason just trying to get the anger and energy out of me.

One of my favorite parts of quitting smoking is the fact that where ever you are you dont have that constant "worry" about when and where you can have your next smoke and when your going to need to get more smokes. You get alot more peaceful because you dont have that nagging in your head all the time after every hour to go out and smoke. You enjoy life more.

I found chewing gum really helped for the first 2 weeks.

4. yeah, just chew gum or get another hard candy you like...and since your gonan be coughing up a storm, invest in some cough drops to help your throat..they wont help your cough...but man..your throats gonna be raw as all hell from it

5. I smoked for 5 years and quit. It's going to be the best choice you will ever make. I am going to assume you are a dude. Correct me if I am wrong. I will say (on behalf of myself, but i am sure there are like minded females out there) that kissing a smoker is like LICKING AN ASHTRAY. Yes, it is gross. Smokers stink, like outrageously stink, you cannot hide the smell, the nasty dirty yellow brown fingers are gross too. Cigs are stupid and I think that they, along with eating bad food and tanning, are the best form of NATURAL SELECTION where the stupid people are killed off. Seriously man, for me, quitting smoking was like flicking a switch off in my head. I just did NOT want to do it anymore and so I didn't. I didn't have the 'last' smoke or 'goodbye' smoke, I just quit. Hopefully there will become a day where everyone realizes how stupid it is to smoke.

For me, every once in a while I would get an urge to smoke but I would chase that thought down in my head and kick it in the nuts, then proceed to give it curb smileys until it died.

Think of how much money you will save! In my province, cigs are 10 bucks a pack. You buy around a pack a day ----- That's $3000 in a year at least!

I truly hope you can quit because cigs are gross. Its super hard finding a guy that smokes as much dope as me but doesn't smoke cigs.

6. You're gonna be hacking shit up the first few weeks, it is normal, don't be alarmed... It is your lungs cleaning themselves... Weed helps this process.

7. hmmm. gum? my boyfriend used to be a big smoker and wanted to quit so he basically just every week or so he cut down to less and less, hes smoking about a pack every 3 weeks now, so try that. and when you want one, smoke bud. < thats the key.

8. Roll up 24 joints and put them in a smoke pack, when you feel like having a cig, bust out a joint. chances are by the time your done the joint you'll forget about wanting a cig.

I hear the patches and nic gum don't help as much as they claim, but chewing gum does help a bit.

9. its amazing how many people smoke tho looking to quit soon only been smoking for like 8 months i hear the nicotene gum takes the cravings away but they are pretty expensive but save you money in the end. good for you man hope you are succesfull quitting

10. One thing that's worked for me when I haven't had cigs, is whenever I want one I go outside for a couple minutes and try to relaxe, and come back in and try to tell myself I just smoked one.

Anarkin's idea is great though!

11. You want incentive? Every four packs you DON'T smoke is another EIGHTH.

/thread ;)

12. That's a fuckin' brilliant point. Now, where do I find 24 joints...