Quitting Smoking

Discussion in 'General' started by TheBigH, Jul 12, 2014.

1.      Well, the time has finally come. I have only been smoking for maybe 2 years, and those 2 years are now over. I can't smoke again. At least not until I find a better location than where I currently am. I have recently been involved in a situation where I basically ended up having to give away all of my stuff for free to one of my coworkers. (bongs, vapes, pipes, grinders and of course the herb) to ensure my own safety. Could've sold it but I just needed to get rid of it asap. 

Without going into too many details, I'll just say yesterday I had a very close call, and it's just not worth being caught over. So I'm giving it up. Those of you who are experienced with years of sobriety, how did you make the transition easier? I could drink, but drinking just isn't that fun to me anymore. Not as fun as smoking, so I don't really drink. I know being sober will make me more clear-headed in the long run, but dammit, there's nothing like getting off of a stressful day of school and work and just lighting up and feeling your stress melt away. RIP Mary Jane. I barely knew you.