Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting Smoking After 3 Years of Daily Use - What Are The Side Effects?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by AYOwhaddup, May 22, 2015.

1. I have been smoking since grade 9 and that was when i was 14. Now, i am 19 years old and am going to quit. I tried weed for the first time when i was 14 but my use didnt get bad until i was around 15-16. Once i hit 16 i was smoking every single day. After school, during school, after work, whenever. I always did it before a meal. Yesterday i decided it was going to be the last time i smoke. I am just wondering what are the side effects? Weed has never really helped me sleep to begin with and i can eat food okay without it. Will i start getting headaches? Feel tired? Or will i feel more focused and energized. Any bad OR good side effects i would love to know thanks!

2. It's really an individual thing, varies too much from person to person. :smoke:

3. After 3 days your solid....

4. you wont have withdrawals like on opi's or anything. however, you will notice irritability, sleeplessness and a general "mother fucker i wanna get high!!!!!!".

thats it though. anything else happens to you it is just a mind fuck is all.

5. Anxiousness, sleeplessness and irritability. Some people get loss of appetite too, but all of the side effects will be psychological and can be overcome with some willpower.

6. Best way to cope is to stay busy.

7. If you've ever quit smoking cigs, it's like a really tiny fraction of that pretty much. With weed it's mostly gonna be all in your head adjusting to life without bud. It's like a little kid not being able to play with their toys lol. 

8. Itll really only effect your mood as your brain adjusts to making cannabinoids on its own again.

9. No brutal withdrawal, as youd experience from legal substances.

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

10. Loss of appetite and some trouble sleeping, otherwise you will be fine in a few days

11. Chronic masturbating.

12. I'm glad we finally stopped denying the subtle effects of quitting. They're small and easily manageable but they're real.

13. Social distortion.

14. Since you asked about any possible good side effects, you'll probably have a couple extra dollars in your pocket. You can start saving for something nice. You're young so take the time to set yourself up. With extra cash you can invest in yourself. 

I stopped smoking for a while when I was your age to get my shit under control. It paid off huge! Now that I'm happy with my path I took up smoking again because I never really had anything against it. Maybe one day you'll find yourself in a similar situation.

15. Yep. Or vicious masterbating.

16. Thanks for all the replies but are there any more positive side effects anyone knows about?

17. Not really because weed isn't that bad, there are also positive side effects if you continue to toke.

18. Your liver will fall out of your ass.

19. I have a brief window after stopping where I feel extra sharp for a couple days. It's annoying because I never feel that way otherwise. I just feel on my game with everything I do, just locked in. I'd be able to describe it way better if it was in that state now. Anyway it's cool. Used to take t breaks in college and use that "just quit" clarity to bang out some awesome papers.

20. I recently got on a long break after 4 solid years of smoking, the only down side i found was some funky ass dreams!