Quitting smoking: 10 ways to resist marijuana cravings

Discussion in 'General' started by [0[eagjo, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Also, I found after just a week of no smoking, I don't feel like I need to smoke.

I feel just as fine without it, everything is just a little less fun. But the dry times make you appreciate the times you can be high. It becomes less special/fun when you're high all day, everyday. Plus, it's cool to challenge your body to do something, makes you sure of yourself that you're not a dependent pussy.

2. Try taking like month T-breaks then try splitting up 3g's or so over 2 weeks or longer. Still able to smoke everyday, just a smaller amount.

3. [quote name='"SsmokeWeed"']Also, I found after just a week of no smoking, I don't feel like I need to smoke.

I feel just as fine without it, everything is just a little less fun. But the dry times make you appreciate the times you can be high. It becomes less special/fun when you're high all day, everyday. Plus, it's cool to challenge your body to do something, makes you sure of yourself that you're not a dependent pussy.[/quote]

I feel the same way, I really want to stop just to prove it to myself, and also because weed isn't exciting or anything right now, it's just a daily habit. I think once I run out of bud tonight I'll just stop until the end of the semester.. Save the money I'd be spending on weed and buy a bong or vape to celebrate when I can smoke again. Each smoking session should be an experience, and when I smoke every day for long periods of time it starts being just normal.

4. marijuana cravings, what the hell are those? Ive never had them...

5. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

It stops being a treat and starts being something that you don't feel normal without. That to me is sad. Every smoke break should be fun and exciting, not a habit.

Good for you, man. Take a break. You get higher because of it. :D

6. #26 BuffaloSoljah, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    Give me one good reason why I would want to quit marijuana.

I've been smoking for over a decade and now when I want to take a 3 month break for tolerance, a job, etc. I have no problem doing so whatsoever. I have no pity for people who think they can't quit. You're weak. You're not addicted, your weak mind just constitutes you using again. It's something I can't understand.

7. #27 Lambchop1, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
    [quote name='"BuffaloSoljah"']Give me one good reason why I would want to quit marijuana.[/quote]

Why YOU would want to? I have no knowledge of your life or what you should do. But as for me, it will make smoking more special if I take a break and will save me money and clear my head a bit! This thread isn't to convince people to quit, it's to help people who already decided.

You can't tell a person what they're addicted to or not by reading what they say on a forum lol. Quit passing judgement on people you don't even know. If you think people can't become addicted to weed in some form then you're denying reality lol. It releases dopamine, and constant use can make you dependent on this source of dopamine release in your head.

No ones looking for your pity. Go away.

8. I agree with the people saying it's better to use it as a treat. For me anyway, some people want to smoke all of the time or others may need to for medical reasons. I got to the point where I was smoking day in and day out. In the morning, at work, and after work. It just wasn't fun anymore. I've found that after a few days or a week you forget what it feels like and it's kind of like before you ever smoked. You don't know so it's just not a big deal. Then when you do smoke up you get blazed as fuck and those video games are a lot more fun instead of trying to play while burning for the tenth time that day and just getting tired and burned out.

9. like frozen grapes,ice cream,peanut butter samichiz:D

10. [quote name='"MR_"']"9. Try marijuana replacements. Try a painkiller product instead of a joint."

Yea...[/quote]

I second this.

11. There are reasons why people don't want to smoke anymore. It doesn't fit into some peoples life styles at certain points.

12. I quit quitting weed. It's too much of a hassle.

13. Wow perfect timing!

I just started my t break yesterday, I want to go till the weekend before I smoke again.

That's if.... The rents don't bring home any weed lol

14. I am 2 seconds in and all I can say so far is, Do not use the word "Marijuana" 5 million times when writing something for someone who is not allowed to smoke :p No disrespect more funny than annoying

15. It's Cannabis, this isn't Heroin or Speed..

Thanks for adding to the negative image of this stuff.

16. Guys its a joke

17. I masturbate furiously when I get cravings....now my dick is raw. :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. all you need is a GOOD reason to stop,and it can be done!

19. Not trying to quit smoking though

20. Sounds like a plan to quit smoking cigarettes.

• Like Like x 1