Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting Marijuana - TRUE side effects

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chsreds, Mar 9, 2012.

1. My break is going to be anywhere from 5 weeks to 8 weeks. there may be a chance im getting tested by the courts and I want to make sure I'm clean just in case

2. Sorry to say but you just can't say "Quit the meds" after I've been taking them for 7-8 years and grew up with a pill that was supposed to help my ADHD. it's tough, I know cannabis is far less damaging, but I'm unable to smoke at the moment.

3. Yeah bro I understand! My short term memory has definitely been slightly affected but I also had a terrible short term memory to begin with...

4. I have court April 2nd and just in case I want to be clean as a virgin (LOL) to pass any tests I may or may not have during probation.

5. #65 Thebluelotus, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
    Had been smoking for 15 years all most daily . Quit cold turkey about a month ago . Here are the effects I experienced :

1St Week :- Decreased appetite , melancholy , decreased libido, cravings for a toke , lack of sleep , nightmares and persistent agitation .
    2nd Week::- Agitation and lack of sleep .

From the third week everything was back to normal . The key is lots of exercise and water . My cognitive abilities ( I am studying for a masters degree ) is almost normal now . You should also try doing some sort of a meditation .

The best part about quiting is if you smoke an occasional J or two after quitting you will just be stoned out of this world . I happen to smoke about half a joint of Charas ( the Indian version of Hashish ) some days back and believe me I met God and said hello to him .
    Now how cool is that .

Add : My reasons for quitting were mostly spiritual and because I wanted to go back to academics . I had a tough time understanding and remembering things when I was smoking .

6. Mindfulness meditation . Also what helped me ( not sure if it was placebo ) is bacopa monnieri . Got it from here .

7. #67 Lovesmyreligion, Mar 11, 2012
    The other person named some things you could take, I advise taking flaxseed, add a table spoon of flaxseed to whatever you drink in the morning. I mix flaxseed with almond milk in the morning. I can't say it was 100% the flaxseed because I added flaxseed when I became Vegan, but either way my comprehension skills have definitely gone up. I'm not too sure about short term memory loss, I have noticed it when I was smoking everyday and it's pretty much gone away now but I've also not been smoking regularly. Still though, Omega 3 is great for your brain, just google it to read more in depth about it. I think as far as memory goes you should simply try to read and focus more, eventually comprehension speed and memory will eventually go up because you've mentally trained yourself.

All of our bodies will eventually weaken, but our mind will continue to grow stronger, so always remember no matter what, take care of your body, and make sure to make your mind as sharp as it can be because that's what will get you the furthest.

8. When I went on a trip upstate recently..I was forced to endure a weed free weekend. I did not sleep a lick, and I did not eat a drop..but my attitude wasn't effected I don't think. When you get use to it, yu sort of depend on it.

9. #69 kingsmo, Mar 11, 2012
    i have OCD. do you know what will happen if i quit?

side effects of leaving it are a lot worse than munchies or the unbearable stomach pain when i laugh too much.

10. [quote name='"kingsmo"']i have OCD. do you know what will happen if i quit?

side effects of leaving it are a lot worse than munchies or the unbearable stomach pain when i laugh too much.[/quote]

Qft. I don't have ocd, but fibromyalgia is a bitch during forced tbreaks

11. Over a week after quitting cold turkey after 3 months of daily toking, I am able to fall asleep no problem (with some crazy vivid dreams):cool:. I'm not irritable anymore. I still have a lack of appetite, but then again when I toked I would eat dinner plus another full meal around 11pm before I went to sleep so maybe my appetite is just normal. :confused_2:. I found a decent sized roach cleaning my room though I might have to smoke that tonight :D. We shall see.

12. I have huuuuuuuuge shot term memory loss, it is ridiculous. People get mad sometimes bc I don't remember things They've told me

13. I quit 6 days ago coming from smoking 4+ times a day for the past year, and I have no problem staying off, I've hung out with my friends who were smoking and I passed instead of hit; however, I have no energy. As in I wake up go to class and by the time I get home I can't keep my head up and end up sleeping for 5hours then about an hour later Im dead tired again. At night I'm super tired but I get paranoid and can't sleep for more than a few minutes at a time and spend the entire night tossing and turning. I also have less motivation than before I quit and I can't really focus... Is this normal? and how long before my symptoms withdraw and I become my old self again?

14. If I quit I become more irritable, less patient, and more judgmental. I also might get a bit stiff in the joints.

15. Desire to get high. thats the only side effect I got.

How long are you quitting for?

16. i regularly go from months of hardcore smoking all the time to months of not touching it at all. i never really get any side affects other than decreased appetite. i sleep like a log every night. never had any agitation or anything like that

17. #77 BlazeLE, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    its been a week for me and i havent slept well at all like i cant fall asleep and i wake up feeling like shit. but ive had insomnia my whole life so i cant really blame it on the fact that i haven't been smoking. even with weed ill usually lay in bed for 15-30 minutes before i can fall asleep but thats still phenomenally better than my usual 1-3 hours. i think for me anyway not having the weed to help me is only making me realize how shitty it was before i started smoking. i was used to it but after smoking i got used to sleeping well.

now this may be a side affect for someone who already doesnt eat much but im loving the fact that im not always hungry. but i get that when i smoke regularly (at night) im not hungry during the day much, but ill eat everything and then some when im baked. im going to try and work on that when i get some herb again.

18. I've been on a routine of smoking for a week, then quitting for a week. Been this way for a month now.

When I smoke, I sleep great and I eat. Everything is wonderful. When I stop for a week, I lay in bed for hours until I fall asleep. I also have no appetite at all, which I know is not good.

Quitting does have some side effects, but I guess it's just dependent on the person. Consider yourself very lucky if you can quit and still sleep and have an appetite.

19. I'm the same way, just stopped smoking a few days ago... going for 2 months.. My memory has been shit! I walk into a room like 3-4 times and keep forgetting what i went in for. It's terrible.
    Sober, i can go 9-12 hours without eating or food even crossing my mind... I don't even get the feeling of being hungry, i just know i haven't eaten so i force my self to. High, It doesn't matter how full i am, as long as it tastes good, I keep eating.

These 2 months are to lose weight, re-whiten my teeth (too much smoking), and drop my tolerance... Also my dealer is out of bud till his next harvest so... it all kind of works out.

20. I'm on day 5 of a 30 day personal challenge. Yesterday I noticed irritability and I was also pretty sluggish for the first time since I stopped. Oddly, I had a STRONG desire to exercise, so I went on a 10 mile bike ride. It was totally relaxing and stopped all my side effect in their tracks. As far as sleeping and eating go, I notice no difference at all. It's amazing all the websites touting so much bull shit about the side effect and how you need detox. I definitely think about it, but thats only because its such a great life enhancer. My 30 days is up on 4/20. Imagine that :D :):smoke: