Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting Marijuana - TRUE side effects

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chsreds, Mar 9, 2012.

1. when i had to stop, i had irregular eating patterns and i just really wanted to smoke but it gets better after a while

2. insomnia/boredom.. as far as not eating goes, during the first couple days of t-breaks i kinda have to make myself eat so that i eat several times a day but after like 3 days my appetite goes back to normal

3. I have fibromyalgia so anytime I do take a tbreak I get very.uncomfortable. my body hurts, and I'm in a foul mood. Not to mention I get horrible nausea randomly so when I can't smoke I.get.sick.

4. thanks for all the posts guys, I'm approaching day 16 and I can say that after the first couple weeks my mental clarity has improved so much to where I can notice it a lot.. it's definitely a nice thing. I do miss toking, but no where near as much as the first few days. Well, gonna keep this break going strong, it will be totally worth it in the end.

5. [quote name='"chsreds"']thanks for all the posts guys, I'm approaching day 16 and I can say that after the first couple weeks my mental clarity has improved so much to where I can notice it a lot.. it's definitely a nice thing. I do miss toking, but no where near as much as the first few days. Well, gonna keep this break going strong, it will be totally worth it in the end.[/quote]

How long is your break for

6. When I'm sober and try to eat, I feel like I'm going to throw up, but when I get high I'll eat all day and night, even if it's only a little bud I'll be good.

7. Only issue I've ever had from not smoking, was sleep. Couldn't stay asleep through the night. Toss and turned all night long.

8. I smoked every night then quit cold turkey in January and have been sober since. Only issues have been wishing i could smoke and Im back to having the sleep issues i did before i started smoking before bed: trouble falling asleep and trouble staying asleep.

9. I just get board with the mechanics of things. I smoke pot because it has always made my job as an attorney and a commodities trader more interesting and game like. I'm more irritable and have a lot less patients, not because I'm not high but normally people say the same things over and over and it drives me mad, when I'm high I actually listen, when I'm not high I just want to lecture the shit out of them.

10. Quit the meds use cannabis instead its far less damaging.

11. when i was in a relationship Quitting was no problem i had someone to distract me and occupied my time i normally would spend out side smoking. single= dont give a flip. plus why give it up if u dont have to? :D

12. This! I had an hour and a half class next to a girl who chewed her gum with her mouth wide open and snapped it non stop. By the time that class was over I was ready to kill something.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QCcmqaEMPI&feature=related]Chewing the Cud: for real - YouTube[/ame]

Imagine this for over an hour right next to you.

13. But it is boring without weed! :eek: I too forget to eat and don't really feel the need to, either.
    I'll just occupy myself with music, band practice, COD: Black Ops, game design and Shukokai Karate.

14. For me, it all depends on my smoking habits. If I smoke everyday at night before I go to sleep for a while, then stop, I have sleep troubles for like 3 nights. If i only eat while I'm stoned, then I won't feel very hungry for a few days. If I smoke at different times and eat stoned and sober, it really doesn't effect me much besides the "man I wish I could smoke right now" thoughts and my thoughts of sizzling bowls topped with hash melting during long lectures in class lol.

15. Mate i'm glad you said about the short term memory thing, for the past 5 months i smoked weed like everyday, i recently stopped and for the last week i can't remember anything at all, if someone tells me something 5 minutes later its completely gone, and know no matter how tired i am i can't get to sleep? i have to just lie there for like 3 hours with no noise/light and if im lucky i'll drift off

16. I just got a job as a waiter... I smoke erryday after work, and recently I've had a bit short term memory loss.... it super important and very noticeable doing what I do. I love weed and am blasted right now but I hope my memory gets better.

Anything I could do online to practice memory exercises? Or maybe some vitamins?

17. as far as memory exercises go.. google....

as far as vitamins go, b2, b6, b12 eat em every morning and there are nootropics ("smart drugs") which enhance your mental capacities. Google 'em, or better yet, Erowid search em (if you don't know erowid, google it...):p

18. i toked everyday for a span of 5 years, then i suddenly quit.
    lol it was the worst thing i could have done, but i had no other choice at the time..

after a few days, i couldnt sleep at all, didnt eat much (about half a hotdog per day)

after a few weeks, i lost 40 pounds and had a lot of paranoid thoughts due to the lack of sleep

eventually ended up in a hospital lol... horrible break for me...

but now im back to smokin dank everyday :D
    haha

19. Marijuana withdrawals are real, although they are usually mild and never serious. Basically, the effects you get from marijuana when you are high are going to be reversed when you stop. You get happy, hungry, sleepy from marijuana, you will feel slightly depressed, laking appetite, and unable to sleep when quitting. I have heard that it can take up to a year for your brain to fully regulate itself after quitting. It can be a little irritating, but really the worst of it is over in a few days. Another thing I notice when quitting is that your dreams come back full force, intensely vivid for me around day 3.

20. I smoked dank errday for the past month and just quit 2 days ago, yesterday I was really pissed off all day for no reason and broke something important because i was so full of rage lmao, didn't eat all day either

today i feel pretty chill though