Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting Marijuana - TRUE side effects

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chsreds, Mar 9, 2012.

1. I smoked for over 15 years.

Been sober for last 3 years.

Had TBs range from few days, few months, to obviosuy 3 years.

The ONLY Withdrawals symptoms are the first few nights you get cold sweats nightmares and thats it.

For a heavy smoker such as I, 2 week tolerance break is as far as cleaning your slate. 3 months no better than 2 weeks.

2. Dude get off the meds for your adhd....

I started taking Meds for my ADHD when I was 8.
    Stopped when I was about 17. When I had a choice and it wasnt forced on me.

Smoking helps me focus without all of the mood changes and loss of hunger.

3. I'm another dude with the trouble sleeping. I stopped a couple of weeks ago (Only temporarily of course) and my sleeping patterns were fucked from the first day. I can't imagine people stressing "Terrible withdrawl" from weed. I'd tell them to count their blessings for never having to come off of a terrible Oxycontin habit. Trust me, it's not fun.

4. Hey man everybody is differet. Everybody will have different withdrawls from different drugs. No two people are the same. I wish you the best of luck with quitting this wonderful herb!

5. This^

My days practically bleed into the next one as is, can't imagine what it would be like if I quit smoking:eek:

6. In my experience i get angry much quicker, dont eat as much, go to sleep late, and i get headaches often.. Been on tbreak for about a month or more...i also have alot more dreams

7. Anxiety. Depression. Irritability. Inability to sleep normally. Cold sweat.
    Occurs to me every T break. Its all short term though, and all in my head - fades after 3-4 days and by the end of my break its really only an extra hour or so to fall asleep.

Withdrawal will affect different people differently; don't call BS on the internet OP, because though it may not happen to you it is to others. Lucky you you get no side effects :p

Edit: forgot loss of apetite; I lose 5 lbs every tolerance break (but I get it back fast once I start smoking again, haha)

8. Yeah I haven't smoked in a week, my comprehension of stuff definitely has improved, as far as text based knowledge and picking up what people say during lectures. Marijuana definitely is the reason I'm able to expand my outlook on life and be more open, and calm though so it works hand in hand, I think if you have things to do a good balance of both is very healthy. As far as smoking daily, I noticed I definitely forgot a lot of things short-term wise so I'm not so much for using marijuana daily just because I have things to do. Other than that, it's nothing. Might feel like a fiend craving it the first day or 2 lol but after that it's nothing, that's why I love this stuff :). Great for everything, healthy especially if you vape, and won't trap you into needing it, like people who choose other things like tobacco, alcohol, etc.

9. Merck Manual - Marijuana (Cannabis) (excerpt - 2008)
    http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec23/ch352/ch352i.html?qt=marijuana&***=sh

Withdrawal: Cessation after 2 to 3 wk of frequent, heavy use can cause a mild withdrawal syndrome, which typically begins about 12 h after the last use. Symptoms consist of insomnia, irritability, depression, nausea, and anorexia; symptoms peak at 2 to 3 days and last up to 7 days.

Treatment

Supportive measures

Treatment is usually unnecessary; for patients experiencing significant discomfort, treatment is supportive. Management of abuse typically consists of behavioral therapy in an outpatient drug treatment program.

Granny

10. for me

1. Trouble sleeping the first few days. This is because I usually toke before bed so my body is used to it. However, If I'm really exhausted this isn't always a problem work out during the day and avoid caffeine.

2. Lack of appetite don't know how to fix this just eat healthy and drink water.

3. Irritability little frustrations can really piss me off if i stop cold turkey, only last about a day though.

Nothing major just little things that go away quickly.

11. Loss of concentration (during my current and first t-break i can barley concentrate in school), loss of motivation (i stopped doing homework and shit), harder to fall asleep, loss of appetite for the first couple days.

the first 2 is the complete opposite of what the media tells you.

12. My depression kicks in and I can't eat very often.
    And my insomnia gets worse, I usually fall asleep around 2-3.

13. I'm on day 4 and the only thing I noticed is I get somewhat irritated. I work 12 hour shifts, and usually at hour 10 I start to get annoyed by things. I asked my co-worker if he noticed me being a bit more of a dick the past few days and he said he didn't notice anything, so it must just be in my head.

I pick up on noises and get annoyed by them, like a drill, or kids screaming, dumb girls talking about stupid things, a chair falling over.

I DO notice it is much easier to talk to people now, my head is a bit less "foggy" and I don't keep to myself as much as I used to

14. #34 Lovesmyreligion, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    Yeah diet has a huge part in that, when I was like 16 and wanted to quit it was harder for me, I'm not sure if it's just how mentally calm I am, me eating a healthier diet now that I've became Vegan, or a combination of both, but I really don't have any trouble sleeping high or not now, also I don't get hungry frequently either, I eat one big meal in the morning then I'm good for hours without even craving anything besides maybe sugar since I've been so big on sugar foods for so long my body is addicted. Of course everybody knows it's easier high though lol, not saying everybody should go Vegan, but definitely eat healthier, add more fruits, vegetables, get some whole grains like brown rice or a bagel, chunk the white bread that stuff is crap. Chill on the processed foods, I haven't drank a soda in over a month so I feel much cleaner without them, just drink lots of water and stay hydrated. Suddenly your not eating when your bored, and have more energy to do stuff throughout the day and can focus more mentally. Also for improved brain functions I suggest everybody no matter how you eat should start eating or drinking a tablespoon or 2 of flaxseed everyday if you haven't, which I know many people on the standard american diet don't even think about. Those omega 3's will have you discovering concentration and mental comprehension that you never would have dreamed of before.

15. #35 Medicated420, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
    Ive taken tbreaks before the longest being about 3 weeks, the first week is the worst but you get over it after that, for me the hardest thing about quitting is keeping myself entertained because were i live there is litterally nothing cool or fun to do that doesnt require gas or money or both so im forced at home with nothing to do but smoke. if i still went to skateparks all day every day like i did in high school quitting would be a walk in the park.

16. I am approaching the 2 week mark of no smoking. Only problem I have ran into, is initially falling asleep. but its not that bad.

I do miss toking, but I feel great otherwise.

17. I smoke frequently for months then randomly quit when I'm out for months at a time. Zero side effects.

18. i have a hard time falling asleep, am irritable and lose my appetite

also i get a little bit of anxiety sometimes

19. This thread is true

• Like Like x 1
  20. ive stopped for various reasons in the past and I had trouble sleeping and also trippy ass dreams