quitting for a chick

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by hawaii50, Jun 27, 2010.

1. i was just chilln so i decided to text a buddy that i don't talk to much anymore since he started dating this chick so i said whats up and asked if he still smokes,and he said no he quit because his girl didnt want him smoking. why the fuck would someone stop for a girl thats stupid imo

2. only if the chick is super hot, even then, I would just secretly smoke anyways lol.

3. California Hydroponic > Pussy.

4. Priorities. When you're stuck making that choice you have to figure out what holds more value in your life.

5. A girl that doesn't smoke would bore me. Unless she's amazingly hot and down to fuck all the time. Then i'd still smoke secretly. lol.

6. I had to "quit" for a girl before. i stopped for a little while then just ended up smoking without her knowing

7. Any girl who makes you choose between two things you love isn't worth it.

8. i think if a girl can't accept it she's not worth keeping around

edit-^^ exactly

9. If you quit something for someone else and not for yourself, then you are going to run into problems. Making a sacrifice is different than doing something for someone else. Could be the case that the dude is blaming it on the chick because he doesn't want to seem like he disapproves of smoking just because he himself quit.

10. Lol @ some of the responses. I wouldn't even bother getting into a relationship with someone if they didn't like the fact that I smoked. I guess I value honesty and trust too much, because I would feel horrible going behind their back. I am who I am, and if you liked me before and KNEW I smoked, then you god damn better believe I am not going to change my habits for you when we're together. The only exceptions are serious addictions to anything. But have some guy tell me I can't smoke? I'm not his property and he is not mine. If he's willing to leave me for something so stupid then he didn't deserve me in the first place. I am an awesome girlfriend and value trust and honesty a lot. So he should be happy I wouldn't go behind his back not just with smoking, but with everything. I don't know about your friend's situation but I'm assuming he really likes her/enjoys fucking her/etc. cuz to CHANGE who you are for someone else is stupid, imo. They should like/love you for who and how you are.

I know plenty of girls who do this and it bothers me to no end. My friend started dating a guy who smoked daily and would fuck around with other substances sometimes and at first she was "ok" with it and then she started telling him to cut down the smoking, then she would make him promise her he wouldn't fuck with other drugs, to the point where sometimes we'd all be smoking (including her) and he wouldn't be able to because she wouldn't let him. And she'd pull me to the side and tell me how happy she was that he didn't smoke because that would have bothered her. Wtf? In the end he got tired of her shit and dumped her ass a few days after their 1 year anniversary. He straight up told her he was tired of her not letting him do SHIT. I mean we'd go to parties together and everyone would be drinking and we'd offer to fix him a drink and he'd be like "I really want to....but I can't" and would look at her. And when she would leave the room he'd quickly take a shot with me or take a sip of a drink before she got back. It was horrible, we all predicted the relationship ending because of that very reason and it did.

11. Dude hoes ain't worth trading for good old mary jane
    But if she is girlfriend material, by this i mean fucking amazing and loyal, then i would deffinatly pick her over weed.

12. The dedication of some of you to weed shows its addictive. Way to prove ATI right.

13. I probably wouldn't date a guy who didn't smoke anyway because it's a big part of my life but if I did meet a guy who I really fell for that didn't smoke, I'd consider quitting for him. Or at least not getting high when he is around.

14. My thoughts exactly:hello:

15. All the chicks around here are the dumb kind of girls that have absolutely no common sense and think Rebirth is the best album ever made.

So, no. I'd never quit for a chick.

16. not giving up something you love doing for a chick proves its addictive? :confused:

what if your girl told you not to eat meat anymore. or not drink pop anymore. You would probably refuse. Does that mean it's addictive? Come on :rolleyes:

17. the only girl worth quitting for is a girl that would never ask you to quit.

18. Before we get started, I dont smoke anymore, or drink cokes.

Ive seen many threads on why someone would quit and many seem to think there isnt anything that would make them quit. From probation to getting a job, they wont quit. Doing something you love is one thing. Ignoring everything else in life to get high is another.

People can compromise. If my gf told me not to eat meat anymore, that wouldnt be the end of the conversation. If the entire relationship rests on that decision, then maybe she isnt worth it. If a girl doesnt like you getting high, just dont do it around her. People have to be themselves, even in relationships. thats what its all about.

19. primal urges to spread one's seed > all the things i can think of