quitting cigs

Discussion in 'General' started by skurfy007, Nov 29, 2008.

1. the last one i had was at 9am yesterday and right about now i sorta wanna give in, i got nicorette but my lungs are like GIVE ME SMOKE

how long does that take to go away?

sorry for a dumb question im just wondering because its a really annoying feeling

2. no no its understandable. ive "quit" multiple times. the most successful time after 3 days i didnt want one.good luck to ya.

3. yeah the first few weeks are the toughest
    good luck man. you should get the patch/gum i think it really helps

4. i just hope it isnt too late and ive already got cancer or something... i cant even smoke bud from a bong without the upper left quadrant of my lung feeling extremely wierd like a tumor is in there... i am gonna go in to the docs to try to get a cancer screening tommorow

5. How long have you been smoking?

6. Yeah best of luck quitting mate.

I've quit smoking for about a year now, after smoking for 6, and I feel fantastic. I was starting to get short of breath easily during sport. I used that Nicorette gum as per the directions and thankfully haven't smoked tobacco since.

I picked up the habit when I was smoking spliffs tobacco. That was the second time I tried to quit - first time lasted 4 days haha.

Anyways stick with it mate and hope the doctor gives ya the all clear.

Edit: Smoking herb definitely helps on the odd occasion I feel a craving. Maybe if you usually smoke from glass then try rolling joints to try and simulate and replace the habit of smoking cigarettes.

7. Just remember: Smoking will KILL YOU, it makes you smell like shit, your TEETH are YELLOW. You smell like SHIT.

8. I just don't get why people get addicted to smoking. I smoke once in a great while for the headrush but nothing more. I'm not calling you a piece of shit or anything but i'm just curious as to why one continues to smoke tobacco on a regular basis?

9. Its more of the "act of smoking"

10. Its called addiction my friend.

11. I "quit" earlier in the year, but ended up back on cigarettes.

It took about a week until the physical cravings were gone (or maybe it was that I got used to them so that they became normal), but I still mentally really wanted a cigarette. Long story short, some shit happened, I got drunk, and decided to start smoking again.

12. Try and get through the first seven days, maybe pick up something new that you haven´t done before. I started running and working out cause you can´t really smoke if you run and stuff can you. I haven´t smoked in...shit I don´t know anymore. At least six months. I don´t even crave them anymore.

Try eating a lot, cause when you get hungry smoking cigs can help you forget about it, so it becomes a sort of instinct hungry = smoke.

Just stick with the idea of not smoking and don´t give in, it isn´t that hard but you have to apply yourself.

13. Look up nicotine. Not all substances are as friendly and safe as herb.

14. dude, quit those cancer sticks and just stick to weed.

15. dude, good luck to you.

16. This thread really makes me want to quit..

But then sadly, it really makes me want a cig too :eek:

Off I go..

17. yea i know what nicotine is. im asking why you would keep smoking knowing that you are going to get addicted

18. id say just start smoking more weed like a jay a day then you'll lose the nic. crave after a few months....then its nothing to quit weed if you dont wanna toke anymore.

19. they probably smoke it for the buzz and don't think they'll get addicted but then they do.
    that's what happened with me...