Quitting cigarettes

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Urge, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Been smoking since I was 17, about to be 21 this summer so I've been smoking for awhile and haven't quit at all

Summers coming up, can't skate for longer than 10 mins with out dry heaving. Decided to buy a vape pen tried em before and really wouldn't work for me
    The one I've got now though seems to be working I've puffed a cigarette two times yesterday and just couldn't do it, prefer my peaches and cream over a Newport 100 haha. But people have been telling me I'm not even really doing anything cause the juice has got 1.6% nicotine

Guess my question is this e cigs gotta be better for me right? I don't plan on smoking it forever just till I feel like I've actually quit , smoking the hell outta it the first couple of days but I feel like I'm just substituting nicotine for nicotine

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Nicotine itself is a poison and causes heart disease. I've smoked cigarettes for damn near 3/4's of my life. Quit now....all of it. Just smoke Cannabis. Or get 0% nicotine and just to break the puff habit.

• Like Like x 4
  3. That's how it's suppose to work. Whatever you use will have nicotine in it just not as much as a cgi would have to help you slowly lower your nicotine until you stop. The gum and patches both have nicotine in them or so I've heard so id say that e cigs are pretty good for quitting. You have to be strong about it though, I've stopped for a month with e cigs but I was smoking a lot of the e cig where it became too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. My good friend was a smoke for years and years and quit using an e cigarette, and then quit the e cig after that. Nictotine free for over 6 months.

Its really tough, bro. I've gone two months without smoking, but got back on it. It sucks, but oh well.

Best if luck :smoke:

5. It is much healthier for you than cigarettes. No tar, no carcinogens, none of the other hundreds of chemicals. Just nicotine, flavoring, and pg/vg. Also you aren't smoking it, it is vapor. Is it healthy for you? Probably not, but I haven't smoked a cigarette in 4 months and my lungs feel way better, even though I smoke an e cig pretty much all day every day.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It can't be said that e-cigs are without risks, but compared to cigarettes, they are much safer. The primary danger of smoking cigarettes is not the nicotine, it's all of the carcinogens present in the tobacco that are combusted and inhaled into your lungs. Own its own, nicotine is similar to and about as dangerous as caffeine. Quitting nicotine altogether is ideal, of course, but vaping is a great harm reduction method.

http://www.tobaccoharmreduction.org/faq/ecigs.htm
    http://www.tobaccoharmreduction.org/faq/nicotine.htm
    http://healthnz.co.nz/RuyanCartridgeReport30-Oct-08.pdf

• Like Like x 2
  7. It's a healthy alternative to cigs but does do some damage. No studies have been done yet. I reccome d quitting for at least 2 weeks

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. Theres pills for quitting smoking which work quite well. You wont feel the urge to smoke and the full therapy is supposedly 1 month..

Sent from a potato.

9. Pills that cause suicide. w000

10. ?

Sent from a potato.

11. If you really want to quit your goal should be to stop using nicotine in any way shape or form ASAP. A cigarette is a nicotine delivery device so is an e-cig. I know it sounds like a great idea to ween off it but it's just not that easy, and doesn't work out for many who try this method. The best strategy is to quit all together and just suck it up for a few days then your habits will start to change and it'll get a lot easier.

12. smoke a joint everytime you crave a smoke lol

13. I'm not trying to go broke hahah

14. Do something to trick your brain to associating smoking with something bad. I got a concussion while high about a week and a half ago and I still can't get high without feeling the same negative feelings I did the night I hit my head(dizziness, nausea, lightheaded ness)

I would drink a taste of something shitty like cough medicine with every cig or e cig(not too much cough syrup can get you high but cause brain damage). After a few days you may not any more desire.

Also there is the "smoke a pack in the closet all at once" method but that will probably have some pretty shitty side effects but you will definately be sick of cigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Was gonna do that with my last 10 cigs I had but I'm already 4 days in

16. Good luck. Luckily I have never been addicted and I haven't had one in months I just don't really care for them. It's always tempting to go buy some when I wanna smoke and don't have bud or Something but ima try to stay away

17. You should move to blunts and just smoke those with weed on the inside and slowly ween off of that to palm leaf or hemp

18. im qutting cigarettes with weed as we speak. As a matter of fact i just vaped a .3 of budder and it completely got rid of the craving, not to mention it cures cancer. so why the f not!? blaze out on grass and get angry at the cigarettes. when you get a craving think about mass murdering the cigarettes because this is literally a war with yourself. and you have no other choice except death. Hope it helps. by the way aswell PICK YOUR STRAINS OF GANJ. certain strains can give you a lot more anxiety and make things worse. i myself like pure sativas, budder and edibles for this. and only the vaporizer with budder and edibles cure cancer

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  19. i usually just roll joints. Been smoke free for 2 months now.

20. any way u smoke weed is perfect mann. vape, j's, bowls u name it. just dont smoke high anxiety strains thatll leave you shakin

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1