Quitting cigarettes...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Esco616, Sep 5, 2012.

1. So yeah... I've been smoking a little under a year now, and it finally got to my head that I need to quit for own well being. The longest I've lasted without a cigarette is 4 days lol.. I guess you could call me weak, and you're probably right if you think so. I'm not proud of my habit, but it's impossible for me to be embarrased about it, considering cigs are nothing to be ashamed of in today's society. So yeah, gonna give it another shot.. Wish me luck.

2. Good luck! I just hit 8 months smoke free after smoking for over 20 years.

3. How many do you smoke a day op? I smoke 20-30 and when I quit it wasn't bad after 3 days, but the first 3 days where hell and a half.

4. Smoke more weed. I quit back in January and never looked back. It made smoking weed so much more enjoyable.

5. Wow, that's so inspiring, congrats!!

6. I smoke a pack a day, cut down from two packs. I can even kinda handle the no smoking part itself, but when I get stressed out, I just have to light one.

7. Stay strong pal, I know the pain.

Well not pain. More frustration I guess. I just get so amped up when I try to quit, I don't know what to do with my hands and just get really irritable. Best I've managed it two days before caving in.

8. Just stay off cigs they cost to much and they stink. Iv Ben cig free for 2years w00t I smoked a pack or more aday.

9. its hard man. i've cut back a lot recently when i do smoke i try to only have 1-4 a day, right now i'm going about 3 days without one and i have some irritable moods here and there but i just take some deep breaths and think about something else other then smoking or i'll go work out and get all the stress out that way.

The thing about quitting is its alllllll a mind game, you have to rewire yourself not to have those urges to go out and smoke, most people i know that have quit will substitute cigs with something else which seems to help a lot for them.

the longest i've lasted was a month and i used sunflower seeds, until some shit went down at my old job that caused me to get very depressed and i started smoking a pack a day all over again.

10. Smoke newports, you'll quit in no time ;)

11. I smoked for about 2 years but had to stop when I got my wisdom teeth pulled and after that week I just didn't feel like smoking anymore so I quit. No cravings.

12. easy as fuck dude - 2 to 3 day nic fit...after that it's smooth sailing - buttered toast.

13. Best luck man if you can make it im sure youll be glad you did.

14. A little inspirational reading for you! Good luck, hon!

Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol decreases somatic and motivational manifestations of nicotine withdrawal in mice. (abst - 2004)
    Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol decreases somatic... [Eur J Neurosci. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Chronologically overlapping occurrences of nicotine-induced anxiety- and depression-related behavioral symptoms: effects of anxiolytic and cannabinoid drugs (full - 2007) Chronologically overlapping occurrences of nicotine-induced anxiety- and depression-related behavioral symptoms: effects of anxiolytic and cannabinoid drugs

Hypothesizing that marijuana smokers are at a significantly lower risk of carcinogenicity relative to tobacco-non-marijuana smokers: evidenced based on statistical reevaluation of current literature. (full - 2008)
    Hypothesizing that marijuana smokers are at a significantly lower risk of carcinogenicity relative to tobacco-non-marijuana smokers: evidenced based on statistical reevaluation of current literature. - Free Online Library

Cannabis-based Drugs can help you quit Smoking (news - 2008)
    Cannabis-based Drugs can help you quit Smoking - Health Jockey

Marijuana Improves Fertility in Tobacco Smokers (news - 2006)
    Marijuana Improves Fertility in Tobacco Smokers - Softpedia

15. i'm quitting too! fuuuckk cigs, if I crave the nicotine, i'll light up a jAY

16. Im thinking about quitting in a week or two with the help of mary

17. I stopped buying packs completely, about 3 or 4 months ago. Feels great, especially since I have mild asthma my chest can definitely feel the benefits.

I don't mind having a smoke with my friends every once in awhile, but I'm not going back to buying my own. I have stopped before for 3 months at a time or so, and then started up again.. But this time is different and you'll be able to feel it.

18. Awe man, i just stopped buying packs yesterday! Hopefully this all works out...its really hard because all my friends light up cigs after we blaze.

19. To anyone quitting, the best of luck to you! I smoked on and off for 6 years. I finally pulled the plug on myself in February 2011 and I've got no desire to start up again. I smoked two ciggs this last summer a few weeks apart and more than anything, it reminded me of how shitty of a habit it is.

Smoking cigarettes will bite you in the ass in one way or another. For the majority of us it'll bite your ass in several ways, and you'll never get those pieces of your ass back :(

Quitting is one of the hardest things you may ever have to do, but believe me, you feel damn good about yourself when you make it through.

20. [quote name='"DanTheAutomator"']To anyone quitting, the best of luck to you! I smoked on and off for 6 years. I finally pulled the plug on myself in February 2011 and I've got no desire to start up again. I smoked two ciggs this last summer a few weeks apart and more than anything, it reminded me of how shitty of a habit it is.

Smoking cigarettes will bite you in the ass in one way or another. For the majority of us it'll bite your ass in several ways, and you'll never get those pieces of your ass back :(

Quitting is one of the hardest things you may ever have to do, but believe me, you feel damn good about yourself when you make it through.[/quote]

Thank you very much for you're words of encouragement! Highly appreciated :D