Quitting cigarettes.

Discussion in 'General' started by RyanPwnsU, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Has to be the most fucking insane bullshit problem I have ever fucking tried to complete in my goddamned life.

Fuck 3 weeks without a cig. It's been 3 weeks of living hell. Cold turkey sucks so much ass.

I'm thinking about getting an electronic cig.

Someone support me haha.

But seriously, fuck this.

2. Dude wth 3 weeks!! Your doing fucking good fuck ciggarrettes!! Dont start if you r that long clean, and thats the side effects of quitting is that food starts to taste bland, youll get through it dude! Not worth the pain and money to start back up. And fck electric ciggs i will get you smoking real ciggs.
    Facts that i know just off the top of my head from ciggarrettes, just second hand smoke along: 650 different chemicals, 250 which cause organ failure over time and 69 which causes different types of cancer

3. Three weeks?

Not even worth an e-cig, replace it with workin' out...What I've been doin', my fuckin' abs are rock-hard, chief...Rock fuckin' hard.:cool:

4. Yeah it's taken every ounce of will power not to go out and buy a pack. But with stress and all shit that's going on right now. It's getting way worse. I'm good at controlling urges, but this is too much -.-

5. Cant you just smoke some weed? In replace?
    Honestly not worth starting up if your 3 weeks clean from ciggs...

6. Dude, I plan on quitting soon, Oscar is right, try to channel that into working out, that's the only way I know I'll be able to kick the habit for good.

Pros: No more shit smell on your clothes
    No more nast tobacco flavor in your mouth
    Chances of all smoking related diseases, nearly diminished.

[​IMG]

7. Didn't work for me...I smoked a bowl when I quit smokin' and almost raped a small fenced in community for a pack of cigs, shit had me by the balls...Finished the bowl, but it was fuckin' torture.:cool:

8. [quote name='"wsrd4b2"']Dude, I plan on quitting soon, Oscar is right, try to channel that into working out, that's the only way I know I'll be able to kick the habit for good.

Pros: No more shit smell on your clothes
    No more nast tobacco flavor in your mouth
    Chances of all smoking related diseases, nearly diminished.

[/quote]

Haha that picture is fucking funny

You can do it!

I can't smoke weed, I'm currently looking for a job, and plus it makes me want a cig like 10 times as bad.

9. get an e-cig! then fill it up with weed oils!

10. if u dont plan on taking a physical get some quickfix!! fuck quiting.

11. I know what you mean. I feel like your body hella craves a cigarette even more after your done blazing or drunk, specially if your addicted.

12. [quote name='"OscarZetaAcosta"']

Didn't work for me...I smoked a bowl when I quit smokin' and almost raped a small fenced in community for a pack of cigs, shit had me by the balls...Finished the bowl, but it was fuckin' torture.:cool:[/quote]

Damn... So it made u wanna smoke a cigg more..?
    How did u stop? Just workingout? And self-control?

13. [quote name='"BlazingZombiess"']

Damn... So it made u wanna smoke a cigg more..?
    How did u stop? Just workingout? And self-control?[/quote]

I got into a wreck that made me immobile for like 2 weeks, it was supposed to be like a month and a half before I could walk lol, so that's good

Back on topic, i just didn't have a smoke and I couldn't get any, now I can but fuck, I need to stop you know?

And fuck working out lol I hate it

14. [quote name='"RyanPwnsU"']

I got into a wreck that made me immobile for like 2 weeks, it was supposed to be like a month and a half before I could walk lol, so that's good

Back on topic, i just didn't have a smoke and I couldn't get any, now I can but fuck, I need to stop you know?

And fuck working out lol I hate it[/quote]

Damn im sorry to hear that....

Yeah just occupy you time with trying to get healthy, working out is great once you get in the zone or just constantly doing it, it take 30 days of doing something to make it a habit.

Or maybee even eating, when i quit smoking weed, im 11 weeks clean, i was eating and working out like a mother fcker, and i am eating sooo healthy and such delicous foods i feel good about my self :3

15. God people in an addiction can be so folly.

"I'm so stressed, I need a cigarette right now"

You're stressed because you've quit an addictive substance, much more so than any events that are currently happening in your life.

Don't give in to permission-giving thoughts.

"Maybe I should 'slowly' come off cigarettes? I haven't had one in 2 weeks so if I only have one then stop it'll make it easier for me"

"One won't hurt"

"I've been good in other aspects of my life, I think I'm allowed to be bad in this one"

"It'll help me get to sleep, then I can face the addiction better tomorrow"

All stuff like these are permission-giving thoughts and you need to realise which are which.

It takes 35 days (or there abouts) to form a habit, good or bad. Unfortunately it's very easy to build a bad habit (since they're usually fun) and very hard to break depending on the level of addiction related to the substance.

When a habit is formed, neuron passages in the brain are connected via synapses. These go from 'Physical/Emotional/Mental desire for a cigarette > Permission giving thought > Smoking a cigarette > Usually feeling like shit for doing it'

Even if you've been away from cigarettes for a long time, these neuron passages always have a chance of being reinforced when the cigarette is smoked.

So the best thing you can do is realise you've already passed the main stages of withdrawal from the drug and stay off it for good.

Edit: Just for the record I don't nor have I ever smoked cigarettes. I just know a fair deal about psychology.

16. Don't get an e-cig man. That propylene glycol shit will probably be proven to cause cancer just like tobacco.

I've tried quitting wholeheartedly and I just end up smoking more.
    I feel like I'm already gonna die of cancer anyways so why not smoke up.

think about the good that cigarettes do. Don't think about quitting.
    Make it a test of willpower versus desire.

You've gone 3 weeks man. Nearly a month. Can you go another week?
    You can do it. I can too. I just don't, because I'm a brainwashed American consumer who is too stupid to choose my health over pleasure.

17. Don't even mention cigarettes -__- lol

18. I replaced cigs with weed. Best thing I ever did.

19. Why don't you mix your tobacco with your weed and each time you smoke a bowl, put less tobacco. Idk I don't smoke cigs

20. I don't recommend the ecigs. Smoke is only part of the problem with ciggs the biggest part of the problem is the nicotine.

I have been a "nonsmoker" for almost six months in that time I've had 1.25 ciggs.

My recommendations for quiting.
    Make the decision that you absolutely need to quit. Read as much as possible on all the negative side effects of nicotine. Realize the problems that its already caused you. Learn about the psychology of addiction. Ie ciggs do not relax you they just feed the craving the craving comes back and you need to feed it again its a vicious circle.

Replace your habit. Go out and buy a guitar or whatever carry it with you everywhere. Every time you want to smoke play for 5 min or so(the length of time until your craving ends and you forget you want a cigg) you learn a skill while getting healthier

Finally get sick. I know whenever I get a chest cold I have almost no cravings to smoke so i waited until I got sick that got me through my first week and after that you are just counting the milestones.

Good luck