Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quitting cigarettes with weed!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by saif1311, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Have any one of you done it?
    I was on 14 cigs a day before and after a week of blazing no cigs i went through no withdrawl at all and managed to give up nicotine. It seems the herb helps you to stop smoking cigs to me!:hello:

2. Nice man, keep it up.

3. The ganja definitely helped me quit...I haven't had a cigarette in like 5 months,haven't wanted one either

4. trying to quit smoking as we speak. cant fight the urge to ask for one of my buddies for a drag of there cigs, but haven't picked up a pack in over a week and its defiantly taking a tole on my stash

5. every time you wanna smoke just remind yourself that cigarettes are one of the governments ultimate form of population control...theyre fucking disgusting once you see a cigarette for what it really is...

6. Once you're hooked you're hooked, it may be easy for some, but the majority it's a pain in the ass to quit, if you're addicted to something you're gonna fuckin do it regardless. Look at people addicted to heroin, they know that the stuff they score might be mixed with motor oil, antifreeze, etc, do you think they care? nah.

7. ya but look at the mindset of addicts...theres something missing in everyone thats addicted to something...i mean when it comes down to it every smoker knows that the shit kills you...sooo whats going on in your head that enables you to keep literally killing yourself?? its prolonged suicide

8. I always wondered if weed could be used to help quit tobacco. I never started smoking cigs, so I really couldn't tell you.

9. I'm on day 4 of quitting dip.

I dipped half a can a day for about 3 years and every single fucking day I worry about when I'm going to get mouth cancer. So I was like fuck it and quit. BUT... I'm using camel snus to help with cravings.

4 snus pouches = the same amount of nicotine as one dip and I've been using 4 a day.

So thats like going from 50 mg of nicotine a day to 4 mg. Weed has definitely helped. The only bad thing about it though is how tired it makes you, especially when you're going through nicotine withdrawals.

10. Every time I look up of cigarettes were really created to curb the population it gets no hits with something relevant to it. I honestly think that's why cigs were created, they s,ell bad repelling you from getting a mate, they cause many health problems causing you to sue earlier and end money on health care facility's, and they are addictive so even if you've never smoked but you've been around a smoker fr a portion of your life you can get hooked. Honestly though, who the hell thought to mix up all the shit that's in cigarettes anyways?

11. ... Is a very expensive method of quitting smoking plus I need cigarettes to roll up a spliff so this would fuck me up.

12. I just did it but because of the lung damage I had to switch to vaporizing my meds instead of combustion. I also used the patch but hell do I ever miss smoking, lungs are feeling a bit better but the urge to smoke will always be there, at least for me. So I did quit smoking cigs and my meds too, quit combustion all together. Congrats and keep up the good work.

13. Eh, even while high I find myself sitting there wanting a cig.

14. Yes.Ganja help's you forget about the cigarette,that's always stuck in your mind.Instead of being sober and thinking when is your next cigarette,you'll be stoned not even wondering about a cig.

But if I don't have LOT'S of weed,i'll always smoke cig's while high.

15. Cigarettes are disgusting. I use to love them and still have the occasional one when I'm really drunk. But I'm going to stop all together soon.

Interesting fact about cigarettes. Of all the things made for humans to "consume" cigarettes are the only thing that doesn't have to label the ingredients. Probably cause if they did, no one would smoke them.

16. I would bet that nobody working in the factory smokes.

17. good job quitting

i bought a pack of cigs a month ago and still have 15 left. It's not a habbit for me obviously but boy do I ever enjoy a cig once in a while

18. I smoked for almost forty years, thirty of that a pack and a half a day and 5 of those included dipping a can of skoal a day as well. :eek:

I tried quitting using the patch, gum and some other methods to no avail.:(

I finally quit for good after becoming a medical card carrier, it was easy too.:D Just smoke a J or a few puffs instead of a cigarette.;)

My lungs have never felt better, all that crap got cleaned out.

I read somewhere, maybe Granny Storm Crows list, that some even use cannabis to get off of heroin and other addictive substances.:cool:

:smoke:

19. weed definitely helps you quit cigs. When I quit tobacco for a year, bud got me through the rough part. I smoked a lot more bud for a few weeks. But, cigs are hard to quit no matter what... and the longer you smoke them the harder it is to quit. I quit when I was 21 thinking it was pretty hard.... but it was easy as fuck in comparison to how hard it would be for me to quit now.... I start craving a cig pretty bad within an hour after smoking one. After 4 hours I'm about to snap into a slimjim.

actually wanting to quit and saying that you WILL quit instead of TRY to quit makes it easier. Confidence goes a long way. Put it in your mind that you have no choice... you can't smoke another cig no matter what.

Hopefully I can get this motivation soon. fuck cigs. I smoke a pack a day.

20. [quote name='"sk8njam"']

every time you wanna smoke just remind yourself that cigarettes are one of the governments ultimate form of population control...theyre fucking disgusting once you see a cigarette for what it really is...[/quote]

They're not doing enough to curb the damn population if you ask me