Quitting Cigarettes What About Weed?

Discussion in 'General' started by Skizum, Jun 23, 2014.

1. I'm going to quit cigarettes soon so I will be giving up weed for awhile.  I'm wondering how long I have to be off the cigs before I can go back taking the occasional puff of weed? Anybody done this and have some advice?

2. Why are you quitting weed too? I quit cigarettes and marijuana didn't keep me from stopping smoking. Sure, you'll want a cigarette after you get high for a while, but it fades and you'll be fine. Fuck tobacco

3. I'm in kind of a panic about quitting cigarettes.  I don't mind giving up weed for a acouple of weeks i thought it would make it easier.  I've heard people say they had to quit weed forever after the quit cigarettes cause it was such a big trigger.

4. Smoke some nicely rolled j's to ease ur cravings

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app while high as fuck

5. I smoke three packs of cigarettes  day.  I might not have that good of an attitude.

6. #6 Rootsphere_Farms, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    How about just replace the urge of cigs and replace it with weed. You can get so high that you will completely forget about cigs, and you'll pass out. That is if you have access to concentrates

7. Buy some low grade shwag, and roll up a shit ton of joints and smoke them the same way you would a cigarette. Good luck.

I have heard that in Amsterdam, some smoke places have like a diner in the front, where people sit and smoke joints like a cigarette while reading the paper and drinking coffee. In the back is the bar, with low lighting, bongs, and dank up the ass with the real stoners taking huge bong rips and coughing there asses off.

8. Have you thought about e-cigs?

9. That would be frekin great but knowin how I am I'd end up in a store buying cigs without even knowing what I'm doing.

10. I'm going cold turkey.  I want to be done with tobacco.

11. I thing geetar dude and the lox have it right When I smoke weed I can think and not worry so maybe it'll help with the panic

12. I did what some of these guys have already mentioned. You should listen OP, there is some good advice here

I bought a whole bunch (like QP) of some reggie and rolled like 100s of joints and just replaced those for my old cigarettes. I kept the joints in some mason jars and would grab like 5-6 before I left the house and kept them in a old used up cigarette box. Get creative.

I also got a e-cig for when I was needing the nicotine rush. Chewing the end of straw also helps. For some people, smoking is more of an oral fixation.

I was able to quit cold turkey for 2 years. As much as you don't want to believe it, the urge to smoke does eventually disappear. Mine was strong for about 9 months but after that, it was smooth sailing.

But then I got depressed with some bullshit in my life (ex-fiance) and I started smoking and drinking again.

Fuck. 

• Like Like x 1
  13. I hope I don't feel like shit for 9 months before it gets better.  Sorry to hear you're back on the cigs.

14. I've never been a smoker (I mean I've smoked a few cigs here and there), but I have tried to give up drinking and taken long T breaks. I would say give up the cigs but still toke up. I think it'll help take the edge off. Just make sure you don't go overboard and try to replace the smoking with something else. I tried replacing weed with booze when taking T-breaks and it didn't end well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I only smoke pot when I feel like it not even every day.  I did't want to have to give up too much just to quit cigarettes. like they say you will relearn to do all the things you did as a smoker after you quit.  I thought I should quit weed for awhile too but then it gets to be a lot of pressure like you got quit drinking coffee, beer, and what evr else and then you can go baCK as you quit the cigarettes.

16. Think of it like this....

Cigs can kill and Weed can not.

Case solved. :smoke:

17. Agreed. I was drinking nearly everyday and I was constantly getting sick. I don't even drink that much anymore luckily.