Quitting Cigarettes/Keeping Weed

Discussion in 'General' started by theox, Jan 17, 2018.

1. So i’m an avid stoner, I usually smoke weed around 5-6 days out of the week. This past week I have decided to quit smoking tobacco(I’ve smoked for 2 1/2 years) in order to re heal my lungs and be able to smoke weed without coughing a lung up, not literally but I cough a little excessively. Anyone else experienced this? I don’t plan on going back to cigarettes. How long do you think it’ll take me to have health(ier) lungs again? And will smoking weed have an impact on that? I’m not worried about weed smoke because I understand it doesn’t affect your lungs like cigarettes do. And yeah i know everyone coughs while toking but mine is a little more excessive. Thanks for any replies, sorry if I haven’t posted in the correct section.

2. I can't relate to your situation so I can't really help but out of curiosity I've kinda got a question for you. I just smoke weed and occasionally cigars and for me if I do smoke a cigarette or inhale tobacco in any way it hurts. Like I can feel the negative impact it's having instantly and with weed I do not get that in any way whatsoever. Weed smoke feels inviting or maybe a bit ticklish at most. Does that happen to you? Again just curious but sorry I couldn't really help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have quit chew and cigarettes. Chew was more difficult to get because it is different than smoking a cig. When quiting cigerattes though smoking weed was amazingly helpful.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yes I know exactly how you feel along with my non smoking friends, about a month ago i went a week without one and then smoked, not ever the same feeling until i got about half a pack in. that first cig, you described exactly how it felt.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah, my brother dips and I felt like it could be a lean to help(i get it, it can be, but it’s not the best idea) and it just seems like i get nothing but heartburn. Like i get my nicotine fix, but it’s just not the same.

6. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, most of my buddies smoke so when we have a few beers that is THE HARDEST time to turn down a cigarette. But i’m just keeping that mindset that it’s not worth it and I can hit a friends vape to kinda get that oral fixation.

7. Actually dipping is worse. More nicotene is entering your bloodstream via your gums. Can would last a couple days then one day then less.... Lol.

8. Oh but give it a month and i swear your thungs will thank you and you will notice an enormous different. Yea for two weeks you are going to be a bitch. Lol i just let people know when i was quiting and tgey understood.

9. Havent had a cig in 3 months.

Your lungs, sinuses, and taste-buds will thank you if you quit.

10. That’s great man, I I’ve been dry so it makes it just a little rough but i got it honeslty f*ck cigs, i see them as a waste of health and money.

11. I quit smoking for good also. Just note that there is something called a ‘smoker’s flu’. It’s a stage you go through that may actually cause you to cough more and form excess mucous. Don’t worry though, this is just your body healing itself. Like others said the first week or two is the worst and gets better from there. I honestly suggest you hold back on smoking weed also to let your lungs heal smoke-free for a full month. Maybe take edibles instead temporarily?

Glad you chose to quit cigs though! Tobacco is whack.

12. Yeah, not too big on them hence last time i ate a bag of brownies my buddy made, Got him ripped but did absolutely nothing to me.

13. I've been smoking off and on 30 years

I stop again this Christmas

so far just 2 ciggs as a Spliif .. Euro's mixing ciggies with weed

very popular in France and UK back in the day (1850-1950?) ..lol

I use the tablets ..ZYBAN.. from the Doc is very calming and easy

until I really desire a Spliff! ,..

Spliffs for me really hit home maybe the nicotine carries the thc further ..?

much has be written on the subject

now I resort to my bong and latter the cursed Vape

with which I must settle on..

cheer/s

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lol I hadn't smoked a cigarette since like 2009. Honestly, what the fuck is the point in smoking cigarettes? Your basically PAYING to make yourself smell like shit, and to get cancer. Man, cigarettes are awesome!!! Haha NOT

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. How you doing OP? @theox
    4 months now for me....
    Think im in the clear.

16. Smoked heavy for 30 years took cantex quit in a week that was 9 years ago. Doctor told me my lungs would be like I never smoked a cigarette in less than 2 years, told me the lungs are the most regenitive organ in our body.

If you want to quit and can't go to the store and buy a months worth of cigarettes at one time, that will scare you into quiting