Quiting drugs and coffee.

Discussion in 'General' started by antoniown, Sep 24, 2013.

1. So my questiom today is. If im trying to give up all drugs. Even cigs would it mess my brain up to still drink coffee? Like they say to stop taking anything that is mind altering and i drink coffee everyday. I just would like to know if i should quit drinking coffee also

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Everybody needs a vice, I would still drink coffee if its gonna help u to quit the harder stuff. Good luck, drugs are bad mm'k..

3. Coffees fine

4. Totally depends on you. If you want to give up all drugs for the sake of giving up all drugs....then caffeine would obviously go. But if youre addicted to something and trying to quit, your daily coffee isnt gonna send you back into the downward spiral.

Why are u quitting?

5. Quiting cold turkey is what will mess up your brain. Work out a plan to taper off over a 2 or 3 week period. Use an alarm clock to schedule things increasing the time daily between. Its how I quit cigs.

6. Depends on what all hes trying to quit really and how big his habit is. Some things & habits you can die from without a taper, some things you cant. Ive always endorsed cold turkey assuming its safe, tapers can have a way of making you realize you didnt want to quit all along.

7. Drinking coffee tends to be associated with smoking more, coffee and liquor. As you tend to smoke more, doing these while trying to stop will increase your want for them. Unless your cuttin up a teener while your brewin your coffee, shouldn't be an issue.

8. actually coffee mashes you up mentally unless you keep drinking it, i love coffee but don't drink much any more or decaf when i do.

i quit coke cold turkey, it hurt but the key is give it time and know happiness can come from other stuff, keep at it and get rid of anything your not happy with, all the drugs and shit aint going anywhere 

9. Moderation is key to everything. I have a single cup of coffee every morning. Never "mashes up my head."
    I've also quite unmentionables cold turkey. Not easy in the least. After a 3 yr bout, the only option for me was to move. Move away from all my friends and dealers. Glad I did because a lot of the people I used to party all night with are now slamming heroin. As I raise my family and grow my bud..

10.  hi man

when i say mashes i mean chemically alters it, caffeine etc brings on anxiety and other issues. most people wont identify addiction with the subtle changes it makes but it still occurs.

congrats on making a break for it, drugs are amazing but only in moderation 

11. Im trying to quit the harder stuff. Idk i wish i could talk about it more but ive been doin it on and off for like a year n and a half. I want to quit because i feel like i need it to feel normal but yeah ill stop talking about it. I was also gonna quit weed but today i smoked and got the highest ive been in a while. I decided yesterday i was done with it and coffee and weed are perfectly fine

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #12 suplove, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    you are my inspiration

seriously. 

edit: oh nevermind you said you just smoked -__-