Quiting Alcohol Rant

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by CrazyLettuce, Oct 15, 2019.

1. #1 CrazyLettuce, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    EDITED.
    Pretty much it used to say I was an asshole when drunk, and when i did drink i drank in excess.

After this post i took a 2 month break

Drank a couple brews, but nothing like the amount i used to drink. It's definetly easier to say "ive had enough" to myself.

If you're struggling with alcohol, You can quit I believe in you. Theres great advice/motivation in this thread if you need it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. I feel ya man. Good on you for wanting to change it. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I quit drinking this spring. Was drinking 10 to 20 shots every day. Picked up weed after a few months of full sobriety. I feel much better mentally and physically. Just gottta change your habits and it gets easier everyday. I don’t even miss it now looking back. One thing somebody told me when I was feeling shitty about quoting was that I’m not going to miss anything by not drinking. That made me think

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. I can drink about 50 shots before I'm drunk. I've had to make many apologies in the mornings. It's not that the other person doesn't say something that pisses me off, but I react much more to those comments than I otherwise would. It's a shitty feeling.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. There’s a family member of mine who really needs to stop drinking. S/he can sure ruin a good night.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. That's a she. S/he is a giveaway ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. #7 CrazyLettuce, Oct 15, 2019

• Like Like x 1
  8. Damn my interest in psychology! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Alcohol is Evil man. No joke. You will be dead or in Jail. Mark my words. STAY AWAY FROM ALCOHOL, CRAZYLETTUCE.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. #10 CrazyLettuce, Oct 15, 2019

11. <-- quit drinking in 1990somthing after I finished paying off the 15,000 my DUI cost. Along with the 500 AA meeting and the 1000 hours of Community service ( picking up trash )
    I think it was the smartassed comment my lawyer made that really made me turn the corner when he said see you again in a year or so. Why says I. Everybody gets 2 at least he says.

I continued to have a Birthday Beer for a couple more years but I realized I was getting a royal blistering headache and handover from even a single drink so I gave up even the 1 beer a year.

Fast forward a decade or two and I'm under the knife for emergency surgery for diverticulitis. Think burst appendix. 3 major operations later I'm left with a belly full of scars that feel like somebody has a handful of my guts and is twisting and yanking them out through my navel.

Smoking the herb stops the pain cold but it only last 45 min. So I'm up 6 times a night for a few tokes every hour on the hour. But it's doable as it kills the pain like flipping a switch.
    Then I get a nasty lung infection and I can't smoke. ARGGGGGGGGGggggggggggggg.
    I remember BadKats oil thread so I reread it and start making edibles. Now it's game on as they not only kill the pain the effects last for 8-10 hours with no pain. I keep improving my oil with each batch and experiment with all the possible combinations of decarb and processing times until I can't make it any stronger or longer lasting.

And here we are over 5 years later and I'm making the same oil over and over and helping others make the same ass kicking oil as it just doesn't get any better then this.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. When I quit drinking, it was pretty easy. The doctor told me, "You can quit drinking, or you can die. It's your choice." Put that way, it was pretty easy to quit. That was in 2008.

Good on you for quitting. I hope you find it easier to do than you imagined. Remember not to beat yourself up if you stumble -- just get back on the wagon and motor on. :thumbsup:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Post when your 30 days clean ..
    Good luck ..

I stopped drinking when I got out of the service ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Just hit 30 months. 2nd DUI was .28 third was 28 days after, .32. All the energy it took not to go thru withdrawal is better put to growing. Life is MUCH easier without alcohol. Respect to those of you that want to quit

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. #15 CrazyLettuce, Oct 15, 2019

16. I've talked a few times with you about edibles and your method. I will try it rather soon. Hope you don't let me down :) I got faith in you tho.

17. Your day one brother ,, all my heart I want to see you stop drinking ….
    But don't set yourself up for a fall ..
    Alcohol is one of the worst addictive substances to kick ..
    This isn't going to be a walk in the park ….

Do you really need me to lecture you about alcohol ?
    I didn't think so ..
    But If you come to my state I am down to slamming some weed on you to help your cause.

Yes I am blunt ,,, to the point ,, doesn't mean that I am heartless or that I don't care about your quality of life ..
    Don't stop posting …. but hit those goals ...
    I don't care if your just trying to make it through the next 5 minutes … hit that goal and set new ones .

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Kicking Alcohol wasn't all that hard as I always preferred to toke over drinking even way, way back when.
    Although for years I'd match the wife drink for drink and wind up blitzed as she could always outdrink me. The trick is to stay higher then dunk. Never get the spins if the stone was greater then the drink. now if you flip the equation it's barf city for most people. Never give a drunk the doobage. It's 50-50 that they projectile in your car 3 minutes later. Ahhhh the good old days. LMAO.
    [​IMG]
    No more of this. Hahahahahahahhahahahahaa.

Now kicking Cigarettes was a whole different story. It was all in the same time frame. I'd been in the hospital for 10 days with out a smoke and the wife was like NO DAMN way your picking them up again.
    Ok I can do this. Well Maybe. GOD DAMMNIT I want a cig. NOW. It was 2 years of solid hell. I'd see them in the gutter and think wow that has a drag or 2 left on it. Awww i'll just hold it a while.

I Swear to GOD them fucking smokes are the most addictive things on the planet.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. I kicked all my bad habits with cannabis.
    Want a drink ?? Smoke a joint.
    Want a cigarette ?? Smoke a joint.
    Want some....... OOps can't post that one here. Smoke more dope. LOL
    I was stoned as fuck all the time but it did work. :)

BNW

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I'm not quitting drinking but I'm in the middle of sober October and doing well. I'm also imposing a soft 4 drink limit on myself when I do drink. I need to have a much healthier relationship with alcohol and if I can't do that then I'll just quit it completely.

I've definitely come on here piss drunk quite a few times and posted a bunch of bullshit. And that's not nearly among the worst things I've done while drunk...