quite the pickle im in

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cyproz, Oct 14, 2008.

1. so about 6 months ago i walked my dog and smoked about 2 grams to myself on that walk. Little did i realize my eye were bloodshot. So i get back to the house and my mom came to greet me or something i cant remember and she saw my eyes and smelled the weed a bit. so she gave me the talk and told me i could choose to quit or no it was up to me even though she wanted me to quit. so i told her i could quit and i didnt. Now im in college and i am probably gonna fail out in my first semester because i dont go to class cause its pointless for me to try and learn from a teacher who talks for about an hr and a half. I learn by hands on and so i dont plan to stay in this college instead i want to go to a tech school that is more hands on, like Fullsail. So when my mom asked hw i was doing in school i lied and told her fine. I have a lieing problem with my parents cause i hate when they are dissapointed in me. I want to tell her that i still smoke and that im doing terrible in school but i just dont know how. Its not the weeds fault im doing bad, cause when i go to class i never go high. I want her to understand that i tryed to learn that way but i just cant. I also dont want her to blame it on the weed.

2. Dude, I was in this exact problem when I was in college. I failed the second two semesters in college, in two years. I know my mom was really disappointed in me and still is, and that's why I had lied to her and told her I was doing well. I have continued to do poorly in school since then, it's not that I'm not educated and smart, because I am, but I haven"t been able to find a school that is condusive to my learning style

when my mom found out, and I dropped out of college, the first thing I blurted out was: maybe I'm depressed and should go back to therapy.

It stopped my mom from being mad at me, and actually turns out that I did need therapy and was beneficial for me. Best of luck honey.

3. It takes more work lieing than it does to tell the truth.

and, the weight that gets lifted once everything else is out in the open will do wonders on your body. you'll physically feel better because you wont be under so much stress.

Im turning 22 here and am enrolling into college for the 2009 semester. waiting was the best thing for me. because now im older and a bit more mature and am willing to sit in hour to 3 hour classes and listen to whats being said. you cant force yourself to be intersted in learning if your not. and rushing into college at age 18 i think is the biggest reason for college students to be dropping out. your way to focused on having a good time then actually learning.

heres a thought too. smoke weed on a reward type system. only smoke when you feel like you've accomplished enough for one day. like, go to 2 classes before you skip one to blow....

4. 'fess up now - it only gets worse and worse if you keep telling lies

if you dont like the college you are at then tell them and change but dont do all of that just to then drop out of the next college too

if it's college you hate then leave and get a job

5. i really wanna make my parents proud of me since i didnt give a rats ass about high school and still dont think its beneficial. I feel like they wont believe me when i say i tryed and failed regular college. They know im smart but i dont try so they think im just lazy but its not that. Im not motivated to go to these pointless gen education classes that mean nothing to or for me. I want to learn the stuff i like and that i will use for my career if i make it that far. I have no interest in learning about subjects that i have already taken in high school like american history, i had 2 classes of that in high school, i think i have enough. I mean i have 4 classes and my major is computer science and none of them even have a computer in my class or relate to the computer at all.

6. yea thats what i feel like, rushed into college. I mean i did 4 years of not doing school right and then after a 3 month break im put into college and expected to do it right. i think i should have taken a year or a semester off before i started.

7. What SaintLs said is true.

I have never seen my parents as disappointed in me as any time they'd catch me out lying, yes, telling the truth can be hard and all that, but suppose she found out now that you were failing and everything else, surely that disappointment would be worse?

Not meant to be a bleak outlook, but just something to think about with a look to the future.

As for college and everything, it's your life and you've gotta live it. If you genuinely think you'll be better off changing college and all that, then man go for it, just be honest with yourself, because at the end of the day, you're the only one it impacts really.

8. i want to change colleges but im afraid, what if its not the college style of teaching but its something about me and then i wasted even more of my parents money.

9. i think if you stay enrolled in the school you can just pay for housing and not take any classes next semester...take the semester and the next summer off and hit it hard in fall 09.

another thing though. you sound like you smoke pot to much in your posts. you sound defeated...thats why i say that.

you should chill on the smokin if your doing it a lot. AND, especially if you find yourself just sitting around watching tv and tappin away at your keyboard all day.

and again, just fess up. if you told your parents everything you were saying in this post, they might be a bit dissapointed...but they DO want to help. and they will. especially if your in college man. means you werent raised that bad. and if they're helpin with the bills then you got to be totally up front. cuz thats what will make you feel the worse, being in debt to your parents and not feeling like your doing anything about it. and on top of it your smoking weed. its a vicious cycle man, and if your suffering in your daily life just so that you can keep smoking...stop smokin so much.

10. dont change colleges, just take the rest of the year off man, stay where your at because you know people and you know the campus and obviously you got a solid hook up. lol

but seriously, your not wasting your parents money if your actually trying. the reason you feel like your wasting their money is because they are paying for your education and your getting high rather than going to class. you just need to get some laying around and not giving a fuck out of your system before you get all cracked down on school.

which is more normal than society lets on brother.

like i said, im supposed to be graduating 4 years of college this year had i gone in right away. but i didnt, and i can still say i wasnt ready for it then, now i am. because im actually interested in a major and am willing to sit in lectures and actually focus on my life.

ida dropped out had i gone in too.

and dropping out costs a lot more than just waiting.

11. the funny thing is your right on the dot, i do smoke to much and ive been trying to take like a week or 2 break but its hard cause i smoke alot. But now that i have no money or way of getting money i think i might be able to go a week.

12. thats your biggest problem. thinking you can hold off for a week or two. what that does is enables you to hold off your 2 week break as long as you want....as long as you keep thinking one of these days you'll quit for a week or two. aint gunna happen. you need to regulate daily intake first. dont smoke in the mornings. wake and bakes are the best of the day, but thats only cuz its your first smoke of the day. if you wait till after your morning classes to blaze then you'll feel accomplished cuz you got some shit done and you wont feel guilty for smokin.

your guilt comes from smoking and not being productive. smoking is a lot better if your productive first. just try it. you might be able to fix your situation.

ive been trying to take a week or 2 break for 5 years. since i started smokin nugs my junior year of high school, i havent gone for more than 24 hours without puffin, unless i got sick.

true story. weed can rule your life. but if you can control the situation you will feel a hundred times better about yourself. which will in turn lead to a better outlook on life which will give you better grades and whatnot. and you wont avoid your parents.

13. SaintLs your posts have helped me alot. I have just graduated and decided to take some time off rather than going back to school immediately. What you said about not being ready to go back and getting the not giving a fuck out of your system before is all good advice.

When i heard my friends talking about school and their homework and projects and essays and all that fun junk. It literally makes me sick lol

14. i think im gonna try to reward my self with a blunt if i go to all my classes that day. and if i dont then i dont smoke for that day.

that or im gonna take next semester off

15. see now, i gotta rephrase cuz i dont want you to fuck up your life cuz of my posts.

Im forcing myself into college right now and im having a hard time because im so used to my lifestyle....

i also got a drug habbit during those 4 years...speed and x and whathaveyou

gotta be careful man. dont take 4 years off like i did. only one year.....ONE YEAR.

thats all you need. after that...your getting girls pregnant and moving up in a shitty job that you dont want to be moving up in and you get stuck. STUCK

taking a year off = freedom. but it also = danger.

theres a lot of things that can fuck your life up in no time once your 18 and on your own. especially drugs. even weed man. for real, when your 18 you start having to deal with the legal system instead of the parental system and its worse. you think its gunna be better, but it just makes everything that much more difficult.

stay under your parents wing until you go to college, take a year off if you need to but jsut remember that college is the answer to a less stressful life.

16. yea i dont want to take more then a semester off because i know that i will like it to much and not go back. I just think i need time without school since ive been going to school for so long. That way maybe ill be excited to go back and do something different.

17. I slacked off in High School and passed most tests guessing. Minimal project assignments and I was still a B student. Immediately went to a community college after I got my Diploma because everybody told me if you took even 1 year off, you will procrastinate and never go back to school. I spent over 2 years at that cheap college, should have graduated in 2 but I only passed half my classes and dropped even more when I couldnt show up for crappy lectures. Haven't been back in a year and a half. I only have around 28 of the 42 or so credit hours needed just for my ASSOCIATES. Let alone any sort of career choice/university.

I say stay focused on what you want to DO and not HOW you can better your education with the hope of a job in the future.

18. good idea. except the "and if I dont" thing. cuz, if you end up not going to your classes, your probably not gunna be able to hold off smoking all day, then you'll be back at square one.

just do it like this.

after every class, you get to smoke one bowl. (p.s. - smokin blunts wastes so much of your weed if your on a budget, i know it gets you higher then a bowl does...but, you dont want to get that high if your about to go into another class.

or every two classes smoke one bowl. you just have to comprimise with yourself and follow through. and let people know what your trying to do so they can guilt trip you if you stray off course.

bottom line is....you havent been smoking weed in the real world long enough to know how to deal with it.

my methods will help you learn how to deal with it. nothing is a for sure plan and nothing is a hundred percent, your either gunna be able to control your weed use, or abuse it until you have no other options but to quit.

and the path your on now, leads into nothin but depression. when your always focused on the shitty shit thats happening in your life...because it directly effects every day of your life...you stop having time to be happy....then the only time you do feel good is when your high...

they say weed cant fuck up your life. it can. it can keep you distracted while life passes you by, then one day you wake up and everything feels like your just a bit too late.

thats how i feel now. its like, if i dont get into college this year....if i dont force myself... then im just going to be a dead beat with a high school education for the rest of my life cuz ill have to many responsibilities to take care of and wont have time for school.

i had a baby scare too.

a baby will ruin all your ambitions. and babies are easy to come by when your just off fuckin around doin drugs and drinkin.....REAL EASY. most of my friends' fates are sealed cuz they wanted to fuck around and have a baby.

19. I think if you take your semester off you should stay on campus. keep yourself around school and keep yourself around the friends you obtained while there. it'll keep you from leaving or staying away.

The little voice in your head is the enemy man. the more you debate with yourself the more chances your giving yourself to make the wrong decision. and making the wrong decision throughout history has been 100 percent easier than making the right one.

thats what makes the right decision right....the work involved.

20. I disagree. cuz what you WANT to do and what you SHOULD do almost always are different.

show me a high school grad with no college education...and ill show you a person thats "just gettin by"

show me a college grad and ill show you somebody who knows what hes doing...at the very least.

difference between a job and a career is education.