Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

quit tobacco with more bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ziggzag420, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Hey blades, im lookin to finally stop smokin buttss, really get off nicotine for good, and im thinking, if i stayed high for 2 weeks (time it takes for addiction to cease) would i even be that aware i was quitting? could i numb myself from the withdrawals with bud? i really want to quit, but never seem to be able to. I'm thinking this could work, opinions?

2. I really don't suggest that you stay high for 4 weeks, it won't be good for your system.

Just use the smoking quitting aids. How long have you been smoking for?

Try smoking spliffs and satisfying your nicotine crave with that, cause the amount of tobacco will cut down, plus you can slowly put less and less tobacco in your spliffs, and who knows, within time you'll be off it!

3. Many of my friends thought the same thing but they said it didn't help them. Just made them really want to smoke. I personally dont smoke, i did. For about a year. Quit in one day.Throw out cigs ( you feel more triumphant:D) All you're ashtrays. Anything that reminds you of smoking cigs. Buy some bud if it will help. And just keep you're hands occupied and try not to tHink about it, good luck!

4. Good luck with that man.

5. I'm close to a month on quitting ... for me, a lot of it is blowing the smoke and hanging with other smokers at work, so for me bud helps because I know I can still do that a little bit

Whatever you choose, good luck! It's a tough process, but more and more worth it the longer you go!

6. Op, thought about using a tobacco substitute? Greengo or the like?

7. It would never work for me. My body is use to a cigarette after smoking bud that my body would be like 'wtf?' if i just gave it's craving for Nicotine more thc x D
    hope it could work for you!

8. wattup dude, i quit a while back bc smoking with cigawettes with this method, you gonna stop now [​IMG]

9. Wether you agree with me or not, quitting cold turkey would be better than quitting slowly. The withdraws, you're going to unfortunately have to deal with.

Smoking can numb you out, but if you've ever smoked a shit ton...then you'll know that's how much you'll need each time.
    Smoking can reduce the withdraws though.

It's not going to be easy though.
    Good luck :)

10. Get an ecig man. I haven't smoked a real fag in almost over a month now. Still going strong too. Best of lucks cigs are a bitch.

11. I was using those for a while. The Cartomizers from Blu were great, but when using other companies Cartomizers I could taste the chemicals. Doing a french inhale would burn!. This is form several 'reputable sites'. I just said fuck it, but I would only be able to use Blu or it was shit.
    You ever have that?
    Or tried dripping and such?

12. i smoked about about a pack a day for 2 years. last week i smoked a quarter in one day, just smoking all day, and just had this deep feeling that i shud stop smoking cigs and that i should really do it so i didnt all day. havent even craved one since its really weird im actually confused

13. So...Your plan is to quit smoking by substituting it with smoking something else, right? Hopefully the way I worded that question will make you realize something, but if not, all is lost and you might as well.:cool:

14. I'm in the process of doing it now. It helps but it doesn't completely stop the cravings, the best advice I can give you is find something to keep your mind off it whenever possible.
    I'm at about four weeks now anyway.

15. No man the blu is overpriced and is a really bad model of e cig.

Currently I'm using the "Riva 510" also known an joye ego. One battery last me all day with moderate vaping. The vapor production and throat hit is very satisfying and sometime with 24mg nicotine strength it can be a little TOO much at time.

It was only $35 dollars for starter kit. Always try and research before you go out and buy something to make sure it suitable for your needs.

Liberty-flights.com is a good site with good prices. Check out there models and look for reviews on the net about a particular model to help find which one would suite you best.

16. No offense meant at all, but this is the same as telling an alcoholic that drinking water instead of beer is stupid because he's still drinking. What works for some might not work for others. For me at least, it helped me stop smoking cigarettes (smoked them for 5 years). Plus, he didn't say anything about stopping smoking mary jane, so eventually he's going to have to learn to smoke that without cigarettes anyways.

17. Don't get me wrong, even with the new and improved e-cig models I still get get cravings for a real cig from time to time, but when this happens I just screw in a carto with the most harsh juice I have at the time and it takes my cravings away completely by the 3rd puff.

I just love that when I get a craving I'm able to cease it without having to go outside. According to the doc nicotine is VERY beneficial for adhd but the delivery method (smoking) is not. When I need a little kick, you can bet I'll be hitting that 24mg strength without killing my lungs and smelling bad :hello:

My only complaint on e-cigs is it's a little harder to blow vape rings as vapor acts different than smoke.

18. OK, you dudes know how I tell you about the CB receptors? Well, tobacco triggers receptors too- just not the same ones as pot!

What happens is that your nicotine receptors get used to their hourly "fix". You stop using tobacco, and they start "screaming"! :eek:

Now, there is another herb, lobelia, that can "fool" the nicotine receptors into thinking they have had their "fix, while NOT being addictive! :D Lobelia is available at your local health food store as a tincture. More on it-

Use Lobelia to Help You Stop Smoking

How Lobelia Herb Helps to Quit Smoking?

19. I was using a Joye, but the Blu Cartz were the only ones I couldn't taste a heavy chemical taste in. Musta just been me..

20. I quit cigs with weed, but not intentionally. It just happened lol.