Quit smoking with weed?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dopefish, Sep 30, 2008.

1. So ive smoked for about four years, then 2 years with snus (scandinavian type of tobacco, almost like chewing tobacco, exept you only keep it under your lip.) and now that ive moved to africa; about half a year with cigaretts agian (since there is no snus here). A friend of mine said he managed to quit smoking cigaretts through weed. In other words he was two weeks constantly high, (wich made him feel like he didnt need nikotin) and then woke up sober one morning and ofcource felt still a little addicted, but a lot less than he did when he tried quiting the "regular" way. And now he is almost one year free of nikotin. Has any one else tried quiting this way? im realy eager to try it, and the holidays are about to come up and it would make a perfect oppertunity. I realy want to quit this disgusting habit. But then again there is a dillema wich brings me to another question. recently when ive smoked a lot: like being high the whole weekend for instance. and when ive woken up on monday, almost completely sober ive had this weird depressing feeling in my whole body. Sometimes ive smoked a joint when i wake up this way and the feeling goes away but still... dont want to be one of those guys that are high all the time.. the reason i smoke is for its spirituality and the amazing psychological quests i set out on while high. in other words i dont smoke just to be a stoner. I have also tried not smoking for a couple of days and then the depressing weird feeling goes away. I guess what im afraid of is that i will suddenly wake up sober in a couple of weeks; nikotin free but mentaly fucked up! Any of you had days with that weird depressing feeling? any tips?

=)

2. go for it. you scandinavian?

3. Maybe you should try to like being depressed! :poke:

4. Yepps^^Norway here;) and you?

5. lol maybe:cool:

6. I have a friend who basically smokes weed like cigarettes. He'll smoke a joint while everyone is on break having a cigarette, he admits to not getting high anymore, but just likes the fact that he's smoking. What a moron, imo!

7. HAHAH lovely :rolleyes: :smoke: