Quit Smoking weed

Discussion in 'General' started by DMHemmi, Mar 19, 2017.

1. So 2 days ago I quit all drugs at once. I went from toking every single day all day (legit all day bowl after bowl at work at home before bed whenever) to not smoking at all. Today tho has been going by so slowly with the urgent feeling to get fucked up, weather smoking, taking a bar, drinking anything. How do I get past these feelings and how long will they last? Im almost to the point of looking for carpet nugs and scraping the grinder to get high.

2. #2 Homesteader, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    A few days should get easier, try to get to sleep earlier and keep busy, maybe change your habits during the day if you can in terms of getting out.
    Night sweats and dreams are my enemy when I quit which is why I only do it once a year. The dream suppression aspect of cannabis is something I hardly ever hear about but one of my greatest benefits from the herb.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Not much you can do but stay strong and wait it out, thankfully with weed the cravings lessen after a week or so and your brain goes back to a natural equilibrium. At the end of the day it's not that bad, you just have to deal with the initial boredom. Buy a new video game, invest in a hobby, or just go outside and do stuff to keep your mind off it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stay busy. Go to the gym. Take your girl out and bring her home and have some fun. Rinse and repeat daily.

5. Well I caved and scraped together some keif and smoked it but good to know. Yah i recently broke my ankle so I havent worked in 10 weeks, I do play alot of counter strike but for some reason games are not as fun sober anymore XD

• Like Like x 1
  6. Come live in my town here in my country .. it'll be easy to quit smoking cause you'll get tired of asking around and not finding any dealers .. lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. dealing with the initial boredom is the hard part though. You see, part of my routine as a smoker is to smoke BECAUSE I'm bored. I think a good way to get off of it is work yourself to death. Can't smoke if you're at work lmao and you'll be making madddd money. Just fill your days up with work, then it won't be too bad. unless you really do think you can find something to do otherwise that's just as productive to do.

8. #8 Sublime, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Hahahaha sounds like my town even though a lot of people do smoke. Just the dealers are nowhere to be found. Like what are they doing? I look like a stoner. I dress like a stoner. I talk like a stoner. I mean, why haven't I been offered drugs yet like school always told me? They make it seem so common that you're just asked for drugs. I wish man. I need more weed dealers and edibles and dabs and all that good stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You could always try something like this...

GOT WEED... dolphin_joint.gif

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ok, if you have been a regular smoker, you need to devise a perfect strategy to quit smoking. This isn't quick; It is a gradual process. You need to have the patience for it:

So, in the first step you need to decrease the number of times you smoke cigarettes. If it is thrice a day, make it twice. Then steadily, lessen down the occurrences. Keep an index of your record and list down two things on a different paper

1. What do you like about cigarettes &

2. Why quitting smoking cigarettes won't be easy.

Now, this is the most crucial part. What to do when you get the craving during this abandoning

There are a number of things you could do. Jot these down in a list as well: -

You can go for a walk, drink loads of water, play with your dog, kiss your partner, get a tea or coffee (Keep your coffee decaf during this process), have sex, light a candle or practice any recreational activity. Make the copy of these lists and keep it handy with you.So that you can quickly have a glance when you run out of options.

Remember, be in a happy go, cheerful mood when you start this. If you are already depressed or despondent then it will be tougher for you. Switch to other modes for weed like vaping, tinctures etc

11. Dammit I'm so conditioned to not mention other drugs here that it even pissed me off when you mentioned bars. I get it, it's hard af to stay completely sober. Everything in life gets irritating but if it's really what you fucking want then good luck and get exercising.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I'm curious, why are you quitting?