Quit smoking tobacco... with ease?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GD90, Oct 29, 2012.

1. #1 GD90, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
    So as usual I ran out of money and tobacco (I roll my own ciggies) early this month :p
    This is when I would usually go and borrow a bag of tobacco from my dude at the corner store (We're tight).
    The thing is , I was sick and didn't feel like going out - and alot of shit had crashed on me at the time , so I was frustrated as hell...

A day or two went by, and at this time I'm not sure what I'm feeling, is it the urge to smoke, or is it frustration?
    I didn't really care and figured I've gone longer than I ever have without tobacco - right then I decided I wanted to try to quit... Even though I tried before, with no success...

More days go by, I'm still feeling the urge to smoke or frustration - still can't tell if either.
    I go back to college and bum a ciggie in one of the breaks, didn't do much for me - at this point I conclude that it must be frustration I'm feeling... Because the ciggie did absolutely nothing, and best of all - it didn't even make me want to start smoking again...

I haven't smoked since and that's almost 2 weeks ago - I got my shit sorted out so I'm not frustrated anymore... I still feel the urge to smoke , but mostly when I'm around ppl that smoke or if conversation is on the subject - like now when I'm writing about it lol :p

I got some money today and could have bought tobacco - but didn't :D
    I think I finally kicked the habit :hello:

2. Props i guess.

I love cancer.

3. I quit smoking before it got serious, smoking one a day. I still would like tobacco, but it's nothing really strong. I prefer weed instead. Props on quitting, it makes you breathe better and your lungs are probably already cleaned out and got cilia back. :D :wave:

4. Thanks , been smoking for about 8 years , was smoking roughly 1 pack (20 ciggies) a day... I'm curious to see how thankful my wallet will be xD

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL

5. You'll be able to buy more weed with all the cigarettes you don't smoke :p

6. I've smoked for 1.5 years and i haven't had on in 2 days and i have felt ZERO effects. I don't see how some people can get so hooked on it? Maybe my body is just efficient at not becoming chemically dependent on things :confused:

edit: Also i am going to keep smoking :laughing: i'm cutting back alot though and i'm going to stop by next summer. I just enjoy smoking especially the social aspect since it gives me 10 minutes or so to talk to my gf's parents or my gf or friends without any media or distractions, it's nice.

7. im in the process of trying to quit. smoked at least a pack a day for 9 years. I got one of those e-cigs and am tapering off nicotine that way. i've tapered pretty well so far.

good job to you op... gives me a little more motivation.

I get the "frustration" you talk about when quitting. that's why i can't do it cold turkey. I'll end up killing somebody no joke.

8. I used to be like that until I turned about 21... or 7 years of smoking cigs daily. then it became harder to miss certain cigs... like waking up, after food, driving... all the time.

last 2 1/2 years i find it very very difficult to go more than 2 hours.

9. Ya my cousin is the same way he had cold sweats, dreams about smoking, irritable, sleep disruption, etc. I just couldn't understand how it could have such a profound effect when for me it's easy. I feel bad for those who struggle with it and seriously want to quit.

My cousin switched over to E-cigs though for obvious reasons. He still can't give up the nicotine though.

10. #10 IVXXNJM, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    i started smoking april 2009. i started with newports 100s until 2010, then went on to marlboro menthol till 2011. after that, i broke up with my girlfriend of three years & have been stuck on marlboro reds since then. i bang a pack out in two days now, i used to be a pack a day guy. moderate improvement i guess.

..higher.

11. I'm trying to quit but it's like my crutch. When I don't have cigarettes then life seems so boring lol.

12. Thanks man :)
    Thing is , I was already frustrated - So to me the two things just kinda blended together and I guess that's why it wasn't hard for me :p

13. Nice man.

Personally I have a pouch just for rolling the odd spliff but I don't think I could bring myself to roll a straight tobacco smoke because it just seems kinda pointless? I love spacing it out between spliffs and getting them crazy headspins but that's the only real effects I get.

14. [quote name='"Zr-01stamg"']I've smoked for 1.5 years and i haven't had on in 2 days and i have felt ZERO effects. I don't see how some people can get so hooked on it? Maybe my body is just efficient at not becoming chemically dependent on things :confused:

edit: Also i am going to keep smoking :laughing: i'm cutting back alot though and i'm going to stop by next summer. I just enjoy smoking especially the social aspect since it gives me 10 minutes or so to talk to my gf's parents or my gf or friends without any media or distractions, it's nice.[/quote]

Hahaha thats what i thought bro now im addicted as fuck to cigs. Never even feel a buzz anymore it sucks

15. I used to think I was so much better than cig smokers. Laughing at them through my window, seeing their nasty addiction, as I packed my pipe. *facepalm*

Meh, it's rough some days. I try hard not to smoke, but it kills time so easily. I smoke off and on, but I don't really consider myself a smoker. I usually cut back as soon as my dreams are about my sitting around smoking. Some weird stuff.

Congrats on quitting. I'm sure it can be done. I've never seen it, but I have faith in you.

16. Lol , thanks , you made my day xD
    also , thanks for the confidence :)