Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quit smoking for a medicinal retreat, sanity in decline...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BlueVenom, Mar 19, 2016.

1. I stopped smoking cold turkey a few days ago. I usually smoke almost everyday, once a day. Marijuana has helped me not only with my sleeping problems and anxiety, but overall it has opened me up to such an extent, that I am now travelling to the South American jungle to further heal with stronger, more sacred plant medicines. This deeper healing experience requires that I do not use cannabis for at least a month before. No problem.

The thing is, now that I've quit, all my old problems are back, and I don't mean withdrawal. I don't have scary dreams or the urge to smoke. But my sleeping issues are back, I have no appetite again (not eating), I'm less tolerant of people's crap, etc. Above all, I no longer have the warmth and love of cannabis to help with the healing process and allow me to analyze my issues without the demon that is self-hate and loathing.

It's very hard to work through these roots without the spiritual, uplifting and insightful healing abilities of marijuana. I've been without for mere days....will I survive a month without falling back into my old addictions and self-harming behaviours?

Not smoking is easy, but experiencing everything without the clarity weed provides is already proving to be a bit more than I can handle.

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thank you for reading :)

2. I have been using MMJ for about 3 years.

There have been times when I was unable to use cannabis and the difference between medicated and unmedicated was extreme. Though I was/am not addicted, I felt like crap when the cannabinoids were not available at all. All it took to calm down the symptoms was a couple drops of a Green Dragon Tincture.

Do you have any ability to taper off your medicine rather than cold turkey it may go smoother.

here is the link to the Tincture Thread I mentioned. There is an index on page one and you can ask questions and get reliable answers. Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it

• Like Like x 1
  3. I would recommend lifting weights once a day even if it's for just an hour. Working out pumps you full of feel-good endorphins which should keep you in better spirits. Not to mention the physical changes in your body will make you more confident and happy with yourself.

I sincerely wish you all the best in your recovery, addiction is a terrible demon nobody deserves.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you kindly.