Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quit my Job after 3.5 Days

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Husky42, Jun 11, 2011.

1. I've always paid my way or at least done the work to pay my way.

I've said this a few times here, I rent an apartment from my parent in a barn. Its only $200 a mth and includes everything. Yea admittedly I go over and grub when I can, but I have my own food that I pay for.

Hell I just moved out of my best friends place to move in here because it was cheaper and i kinda wanted to just hang out this summer take a part time job and just see what happens.

I put so many resumes and apps in with agency positions its not even funny, in fact it is depressing. I have tried to find stuff with Red Cross and even international organizations but right now the industry I am "in" is just really strapped.

I'll move forward - Its never about looking back, its purely about being happy.. fuck sadness.

2. A lot of people are hating on this guy because he quit his job? What a joke. This guy is living by his own rules. He has a roof over his head, food and buds. And he says it himself that he's good. Just because you hate your job but don't have the balls or set-up like this guy, doesn't mean you have to bash him for his decision.
    Personally, I don't know what I would've done in your position but you know what, seems like you made the right call judging from your confident responses. Respect.

3. In this economy as you stated, you got a job and quit in 3 1/2 days? Not smart.

4. A lot of jobs out there suck right now, so suck it up and deal with it.

5. Getting a job is far from easy, especially for people that want to work. It's always easy for someone with an bad attitude, or the person that quits over something stupid (You) to get a job. I'm not trying to trash you, but it's plenty of people that need and want jobs but can't get them, and you got one a quit because "the job just did not fit me or my personality at all?" Why would you even apply at a place that doesn't fit your personality? It's common sense what you do at AutoZone. As for the car sales statement everyone can't be a car salesman, so car sales are not always there for everyone.

6. ya i got a job at mcdonalds, and im lovin it

mainly because everyone who works there smokes alot of weed, im pretty sure my boss also smokes weed to but im not sure

7. I just quit my job at fucking dennys and i worked there for a month. washing dishes fucking sucks.and the dealer that worked their only had shitty AZ shit on him all the time.

8. couldn't even handle auto zone... :confused:

how can you not handle a retail store.. lol

good luck finding something better

9. their food sucks too.

10. #50 Husky42, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
    lol sounds to me like you cant get a job maybe? Or no?

Yea well, car sales will always be there for me.. and how is it not there for everyone? That shit is easy, put on a pair of slacks, a tie and black leather coat. You are golden.

And you know what.. I love how you focus on the one little comment when everything is further broken down and explained. But possibly a nonworking or disgruntled individual you choose to strike out at just that bit.

Amusing indeed.

There are plenty of jobs out there and I hear plenty of people who say they need a job.. then when given an opportunity (like myself) piss it away or say they would never do that (like food service)

The lower levels in terms of industry jobs in food service, retail and clothing are constantly hiring.

But maybe I'm just lucky, I live in a area that seems to be doing just fine.

This is pretty funny though, I wonder just how many of these "people who cant find jobs" really are not applying themselves.. lazy fucks.

I've yet to have an instance where when I receive an interview I do not get offered the job.

I'm sorry, but basic work.. easy shit, that you get paid jack shit for and really is not worth doing unless you actually enjoy it - It is definitely easy to find.

So let me ask you this as well.. If I have such a "bad attitude" - How is it that I'm able to find work relatively easily when I actually make an effort out of it? - work in my actual field no.. that is a completely different story and i may never get where i want to be there.. but ill keep trying until i decide to give up i guess...

11. #51 Husky42, Jun 11, 2011

Man you go get hired on there and come back to me with that puzzled face. Not a matter of handling it, shit the work was easy as fuck.

Has nothing to do with handling, I just choose happiness over BULLSHIT.

I did the same exact, well close to the same exact thing except I refused the offer - But I was going to get hired on in best buy - again, I only asked for part time work and made it clear - Yet they "decide" that they want to offer me a full time position -I asked for part time and even though they had an opening in the tv/home theater section they only wanted me full time selling cameras. No skin off my back and I just turned down the offer.

12. Might SOUND like that, but I have a job, and I work it. I'm not gonna argue with you about jobs being easy to find and get, because it's all over the news that it's not, plus it's just common sense.

13. I would have kept it just for the extra money..

14. Double post but HA at the pun.

15. #55 DTM420, Jun 11, 2011
    well im not gonna trash on you. you do whatever you want in life.

I run a machine shop and have people come in all the time looking for work. if someone shows me they are qualified for the job but has a sketchy work history (bouncing around from job to job, or not having recent references) i will not hire them. We look for hard working, determined people who want to learn and become better workers. I know i can work with these types of people and make the company a better place to work and do business with.

like i said before im not bashing your decisions, but if you showed me your resume i would be polite to you and tell you that you have lots of training in a few different fields but we are not hiring (even if we are) at this time. your resume would show me that i cannot trust you for the long run. my father started our company out of the garage 20+ years ago and since moved on and expanded. We are in it for the long haul and i would not have a use for an employee with your history.

the person who shows me he/she has employment throughout the recession tells me they are looking to better their life and someday will be successfull due to hard work and determination they have by working any job they can with no lapse in employment. these are the people i can work with.

16. #56 Husky42, Jun 11, 2011
    While you may not bash me? I will you, not you specifically but Employers who think they can actually weed out the bad applicants. - I have management experience and this is just not the case and I'll use myself as an example.

Your logic makes no sense to me.. First you ASSUME i have a sketch history or no "recent references" - Why the fuck would i put Autozone on my Resume? Why the fuck would i put any shit job I had on my Resume.

No, My resume shows 6 Years with Amazon.com 3 Years with Sotheby's.com

3 1/2 with an Automobile Dealership, and my 2 summers as a wild land fire fighter. That is it. That is all i feel I need to include and will include.

Yet, I've worked for Winco, Fred Meyers, Home Depot and Ace Hardware and now Autozone.

I had a perfect $32 an hour Job set up with FEMA and the DOHS - but got fucked, shit happens but its ok - I'll get there eventually.

Oh and my face, my attitude.. i'll fool and manipulate the fuck out of employers

People love me in person, I'm just "that" guy - I can get instant trust and instill confidence in that by hiring me you are making the right decision in the end. Then I'll burn you 3 weeks later because I got bored - I'm just saying I can do that and it means nothing to me.. Oh and this gap in my employment record? - It doesnt exist

Ultimately the fact that I've handled multi million dollar accounts and Sotheby's and have astounding references from not only Sotheby's but two people employed with FEMA and my former college professor who will stand behind me as being one of the best and most active engaging students she has ever had.

lol

Employers having an upper hand with me? Now THAT is funny.

So does your state have mandated break laws? Do you give people those breaks? If not its a damn nasty fine - I've called L&I on 3 employers and would not be afraid to do it again.

I do not roll over like many people in the "working" world do. - I've always been mostly "satisfied"

17. i have less than 5 employees no one can tell me how to run my business and cops or any employment agency cannot even step on my property if i do not want them too.

as far as you manipulating other employers, well good for you. it will not happen forever. i wish you the best of luck man i really do but not everyone can succeed going the same route you have. you obviously have a gift and not ev eryone has it.

18. Imo, leaving a job after only three days shows an incredible lack of maturity, and is a direct display of the lack of solid ethics that escapes this generation. I don't know how you were raised, but if I ever quit a job without giving my employer at least a two week notice, my father would have come unglued. But he never had to worry about me pulling a stunt like that because he raised me to believe in the same, committed work ethic with which he was raised. When did people stop teaching their kids proper work ethic? It isn't enough to have a job with an acceptable wage. Being accountable for your actions, and for how your actions effect others, plays a huge role in one's definition of success.

19. This guy speaks truth!

20. #60 Husky42, Jun 11, 2011
    Oh I offered two weeks, I would not just leave and walk out. Being so new though I'm sure they never even dismissed the other candidates so it was no sweat off their back so they did not require that two weeks. My mistake for not putting that in there.

I only stormed off one job and that was Home Depot.

And DTM L&I can shut your ass down so fast they hold all right over your company when it comes to safety claims and inspections. If you refuse you cannot operate. At least in this state.

Its like the people ho go into coal mines for the money they make...Hey at least I would be smart enough to not even apply for a shit job like that. It may pay ok.. but it does not pay nearly what it should. Of course, watching coal.. its obvious these boys only know how to work.. they left their brains behind.