quiet inline fan recommendations?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Indobud1212, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Anyone got any brands they would recommend for 6" inline fan? I have been youtubing some and  and trying to find a quiet one. Only one I have been able to find is vortex s-line which is pricey and seems lil quieter but might be cus its 380 cfm I think.  Need for 3ftx2ftx5ft tent

2. systemair fans are by far the best I have tried. they're not cheap but very quiet for the amount of air they move. what lights do you have in that tent? I have a 80x120x180cm tent with two 250w HPS lights and I have a 4" systemair fan and no intake fan and its pulling through a carbon filter and I have no heat problems. you can barely hear it too

3. I don't have any experience with Systemair fans, but as always, I defer to the extensive wisdom of GoldGrower. I, however, am running a 6" 400 CFM Hydrofarm inline. Speed controller is crucial. When I'm in the room with it, it's fairly loud because it moves a lot of air. But I have the tent set up in a side room off my living room. I can have people in my living room right beside the grow room with the door shut and nobody hears a thing.

4. I've heard good things about soler and palau fans, although they are a bit pricey (almost 200$ for an 8" inline).  They are supposed to be rather silent and still push more air than most.  Look it up yourself, because I don't own one myself. 

5. The S & P td series fans are quiet. Just not quite as quiet as they lead you to believe. Best best Is just buy a canfan brand fan, and run a speed controller. Bigger fans moving slower are much MUCH more quiet.