quickseeds experience...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by skedastik, Apr 23, 2003.

1. I have read a lot about various seed distributors and had never actually purchased any. I finally decided to give it a go a few months ago. I have heard mixed messages on just about every company selling seeds, so I finally decided to just do it and pick one. Going merely by price, quickseeds was my choice. Just like every other company I have heard some good and some bad. Well, i just thought i would share my experience with everyone here. First off, I live in Salt Lake City, UT, one of the most conservative areas in the US, and I was pretty skeptical about having seeds sent to my apartment. I talked with someone in charge and they were very helpful and re-assuring. Although, of course, they could not promise they wouldn't be confiscated, which is completely understandable. The company is based in the UK i believe, and the amount of time elapsed from the day i ordered to the time received was 5 days, that includes a weekend, which i thought was pretty impressive. And shipping was fairly cheap. I ended up ordering 3 varieties of seeds, 10 in each... Chrystal (hybrid of NL and White Widow), Northern Lights, and Skunk #1(which was REAL cheap at the time). All three were packed securely in a blank cd case (which also included the blank cd which i thought was cool) and no identifying characteristics on the casing or anything. I actually ended up going to the post office to pick the package up because i was out when they tried to deliver. So I actually received the package from someone at the PO, and didn't have any probs, questions, or anything. So far so good... I get home and decide to get started right away. I decided to go for 1 of each figuring maybe 2 would sprout and maybe 1 would be female. I placed the three in a wet paper towel and put it in an open zip lock bag to keep it moist, then stuck it in the cabinet of my computer desk to keep em warm... all three sprouted perfectly within 24 hours. Now i had to go get an extra pot for all of them to grow in. I couldn't believe how quickly they have grown... my grow room leaves something to be desired but it does the job. I started them on 24-hour light for about 2 1/2 weeks, then put them on 12/12 for a week, then back on 24 for one week, then on 12/12 again for one week. Doing that all three plants ended up being female... I was extremely happy... next was would the plants produce resin?, I have read a lot about shitty chron seeds that dont actually produce thc to get you high... that luckily was not the case and every plant is in full flower now. I picked a few to try it out, and DAMN! ... soooo good. I had an extremely postive experience with quickseeds.com and i just thought to those interested it may be helpful... good prices, quick shipping, friendly and helpful staff, and most importantly... the seeds were tits! Anyhoo... that is all... i would definitely recommend giving these guys a shot if you are interested in getting seeds, altough i know that some people may have had bad experiences with them... i sure didn't and i would definitely say it is worth a shot.

i am also interested as to other people's experiences with them so if you have one please share...

- skedastik

2. I did some research on these guys and decided to give it a shot. I will report back later. HOWEVER be ADVISED unless you ASK otherwise, orders are sent REGISTERED mail automatically. That means SOMEONE needs to sign for them. and If your not home you will need to go to the POST office and pick them up. Now I know what some are thinking, but being registered really does not change the likely hood of alerting the heat (in my opinon) it only means that if you say you didnt get them they have proof and can trace it. I asked that MY shipment NOT be registered and they said no problem I would get it in about 5 days.Ill take my chances if it gets "lost". I will let you guys know how it goes

3. from my experience there is no way to tell of the contents inside... packed in a cd case, and you can't even tell a cd case is in the package... picking it up at the PO was no big deal at all... nothing suspicious, no cause for concern... even though in Utah you can get felony charges for just having a seed or stem... retarded... yes... of course i was busted with sufficient amounts of weed a few times in college here and never got arrested, fined, or anything... just confiscated (hmmmm... makes me wonder) and i had to attend a drug class once... i think they are more lax about it than people here realize

4. I agree with you........but........ as you know we closet growers are a skiddish bunch. For good reason, I know that being certified/registered mail shouldnt make any differance in the likelyhood of your beans gettin confiscated or worse but, myself and others that have used them are reluctant to add that additional step of signing for them. lets face it if they know whats in there it dosent matter wether its registered or not. These guys have potential, but I really think they should tell people about the registered part and let them know they have a choice. I found out with your help by reading up on them in that other forum. They have good pricing, fast delivery 5 days to US, (to be seen) and a small but adequate inventory. If your looking for a large number of strains to order this isnt the place (yet?) I will report back how my order goes. One other thing, I also agree, at least in Pacific NW, for the most part they are after the big fish, I only hear about the commercial guys gettin nailed rarely the little fish.

Wish me luck!!!!

5. harvest day friday... woohoo! ... looking at 300 grams...

yummy

6. Cool skedastic, my harvest looks like about 1-2 weeks away hard not to pinch alittle while im waiting! are those QS beans your about to harvest?

7. yes indeed... i have been picking like crazy lately too... the chrystal i grew is strong as hell... the NL and skunk are pretty good as well... the skunk definitely yielded the most... just from looks and feel it seems to be around 140 grams or so... and that is just with the 1 150 HPS and the floros... although i just purchased a 1000 w MH on saturday... can't wait for that to get here... $150 wasn't too bad... i have seen much worse... let me know how yours turn out

8. Holy crap Batman did you say 1000WATTS, you go boy. I hope you got a good ventilation plan in place.Thanks for your help I found some good info on that site u recomended, Ill let u know when I get my QS beans and when I harvest this batch of clones.

Thanks,

9. Ok, quickseeds update. order shipped 04/30 recvieved 05/09 came well packaged. Much better than the other co. I tried.

Score on this one=

Customs
    5 crushed Top44's
    1 crushed cd case

Me
    5 Top 44's
    10 Durban Poison
    1 blank cdrw

I win.........!!!!!!

10. Whoa back the truck up!
    I made a MISTAKE
    I had odered from 2 different co's about the same time

Quickseeds
    UKseedsupplies

The order I spoke about earlier was NOT from QS but was from UKSS.

So heres the real skinny.......

QS-Despite their assurances that the order would not ship registered it did anyways and I had to sign. (no big deal) other than the fact they dropped the ball. Also it took 12 days to US after funds cleared. Good news was all seeds were intact.

UKSS- 5 of 20 seeds were crushed, however I ordered from UKSS a week after QS and got UKSS quicker. And they were not sent registered.

Overall Im happy with both, but I think if I do it again (hopefully not for awhile) im going with UKSS.

11. Nikidog, how do u normally pay for such items ?