Quickest/fatest/easiest way to lose weight is?.....

Discussion in 'General' started by XZit, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Aight guys---heres my situation.
    I'm already a pretty buff guy.
    I buffed up a lot in highschool doing weight lifting classes e.t.c. e.t.c.

Yet that was over 3 years ago.
    But what I want to do now is to tone/cut down--i.e. lose some weight.

I'm thinking 10-20lbs. I weight 190lb right now-and so I wanna basically get to 180, maybe a little bit less.
    Then once I tone/lean down I'm going to bulk back up agian--but with better supplments/more strength training e.t.c. to make my muscles really large. but thats not until later in the future.

As of right now--I need your advice on the quickest way to tone down/lose weight. Primarly losing weight--becuase weight loss=toning/definition.

Right now I'm going to search around and get myself some Ephedra thermogentic (yes hard to find in the states, but some stores do carry it--@ 10mg or below now--the ephedra ban was lifted in April of 2005, anyhow its a long story).

ok so my make shift plan as of right now:

Take a thermogentic w/ ephedra in it (hopefully. But I've taken ephedra before and it HELPS hella in aiding weight loss).

Then do some tonining/dumbell workouts

Then I'm going to run/jog for 10-20min (??) or so.

Please share your guys input into the fatest/quickest/easiest way of weight loss. My plan above is just a make shift plan I developed for now.
    But I really wanna get rid of this excess weight (esspecially around the belly regin--arg... :rolleyes: lol)
    and shed some pounds, so I can bulk back up agian and start doing stregth training e.t.c.

So ya--input?
    Suggested workouts/excersizes?
    Suggested reps/sets?
    What has worked for you in the past? What has not?
    e.t.c.?

Thanks people!!!

pz :) :D :smoke:

2. just smoke and dont eat anything while high...resist the munchies

3. Drop the dumbells, go for a 20-30 minute jog in the morning. The key word being morning. When your body has metabolized all its food. So everything you're working off is your own body fat. Even if you have to go at 7 am. Personally I don't think you need the ephedra, but it's up to you. And of the course the fastest way to lose weight is heavy free weight training followed by 20 minutes on the bike. The only way to lose weight is good old fashioned hard work, but I guarantee it's the fastest way. Within two weeks you'll be lookin lean n mean.

4. good advice. However could you be more details when you say "heavy free weight training"? I mean I know what you mean and all--but what excersizes do you recomend? How many reps/sets e.t.c.?
    Plus--I hear that dumbells will make you toner---not free weights?

However more details I should explain for everyone.

1.) I don't buy or smoke that much pot. So plz spare me by not telling me to just cheef up and not eat....lol!!

2.) I work in the morning, I don't have time for a morning jog, I hit the gym up at about 6-7pmish or so whenever I can. So I'd hit up the tred mill if any running where to be done.

anyhow---thats the only details I can think of now.

More advice apprecated!! :)

pz

5. but you see... if you smoke and dont eat your losing weight right there because of the metabolism change. but if you eat while baked it adds more pounds.

start subbing any drink with water as it speeds up the metabolism. and dont eat any pre packaged junk like tv dinners...

6. If you want to lose weight then just eat sensible and jog like 2 miles everday. I wouldn't smoke if I were you cuz the munchies are really hard to resist. But I used to be really fat and I went to a trainer to get a diet. He had me eat 5 small meals a day with literally NO FAT content. A lot of protien and like salad. For example for breakfast I'd eat 5 EGG WHITES and 1 WHOLE EGG. 1 cup of oatmeal and 1 cup of milk with a peice of fruit. and for my second meal I'd have 5 oz of turkey with a salad and whole grain bread. Then for my third meal I'd have like a protein shake...etc... That diet will get you a lot of muscle and you will lose a lot of your fat. You'll prolly gain weight if you do that though lol, but you'llg ain it in muslce and lose all your fat.

7. i lost 15 lbs last year, with no exercise just eating once in the afternoon.

8. OK buddy here is what you want to do. Im guessing you're around 5'11 190? Eat around 2000-2300 calories a day, breaking them up as such = 40% protein/40% carbs/20% fat. Drink lots of water, and do cardio EVERY day. IF you REALLY NEED to lower your weight, you can bump the calories down below 2000, but you might have no energy and you will definately lose muscle mass.

Lots of people recommend "jogging". Sorry my friend, but running lightly for 20 minutes is for soccer moms...if you need to lose weight quick ,what you need to be doing is "guerilla cardio". It's the most effective form of cardio-vascular activity I've ever done.

Here's a link:http://www.cs.unm.edu/~wneumann/files/guerilla_cardio.pdf

If you want to read all 5 pages of scientific evidence, great. If not, just scroll down to page 5 and on the right margin will be the program. If I wanted to lose weight quick, I'd do that puppy 4-6 times a week. Some caffeine or ephedra (although it's not necessary) before you jog is good because it boosts the heart rate. Just watch out and don't kill yourself.

There's no debate as to the best time to do cardio = in the morning. However, there IS a debate and wether to do it on an empty stomach or not. I say yes. And try eating a small, low fat meal afterwards, such as a few egg whites with some cottage cheese.

GL man

EDIT: As for the weight resistence work = it'd be great if you could work that in, but sounding from your post, you want to lose weight as FAST as possible. That would entail as much cardio as possible. BUT...The ideal program for people who want to lose weight (and dont need to do so immediately) would be something like

Mon = Cardio
    Tues = Weights
    Weds = Cardio
    Thurs = Weights
    Fri = Cardio
    Sat = Rest
    Sun = Rest

And please, if you do weights, NONE OF THAT 20-rep toning CRAP. Doing high weight of low reps does nothing for you. Absolutely nothing. If you're gonna lift weights, lift hard. Why wouldn't you? You gain more muscle, your heart rate is increased thus BURNING MORE CALORIES, and you don't look like a fruit cake doing 10 lb dumbbell curls.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ok dude your talking to the right person..i bodybuild..yes yes i know im a pothead but yet i still body build..... Are you taking any supplements? creatin? protein shake etc.? well do you wanna loose fat and keep muscle? ( i hope) well if you wanna buy supplements dont buy them from gnc b/c they suck ass...but pm me and ill give you the site to buy shit off of..

i would suggest doing a 3 day split... Work out on monday, tuesday, wensday is a rest day, thusday work out, and friday work out..
    here is a good plan...

# Mon: Chest, Biceps
    # Tue: Legs
    # Thu: Back, Triceps
    # Fri: Shoulders, Calves

I would also suggest that you take glutamin for faster recovery.. and i take creatin monohydrate..i dont know if you can buyephydra n e more but i nkow where you can get caffene pills at...
    i would also suggest you do cardio everyday you work out for at least 20 minutes.....
    If you have any questions about what product works what dont or have ANY questions at all for anything just ask..Like what works the lats or what not...ill be on hre all day no worry brother....

-peace out bubbles

• Like Like x 1
  10. yeah you dont wanna do that low weight high reps shit ethier that a bunch of bull shit..... you wanna eat 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight.... at least 20 grams or fiber.. 2500 to 3000 calories a day.. and so what...more questions?

11. Thug, drink a shitload of water, and fuck a bunch of chicks. Seriously, drink nothing but water, and drink it even when you're not thirsty. And then CARDIO. Run a shitload. That's about it.

12. Technically dumbells are free weights, but you don't want to be that guy that starts flailing about with ten pound dumbells in the classic weight room. You probly aren't going to jump into a full out BB routine right now. So work on the basics. Bench press(chest), alternating dumbell curl(biceps), squats(legs/lower back), weighted chin ups.(upper back, shoulders) Followed by w.e form of cardio you choose. Keep your reps between 6-8, and you should be able to pump out 4 sets for each exercise. If you're doing more then the weight isn't heavy enough. Intensity will make a 75% difference in your workout. Eventually you'll want to target certain areas like your tris, delts, lats etc.. Until then you should check out www.bodybuilders.com They have an archive of every exercise imagineable and training programs.

13. Hey thanks guys.
    Heres more info for yall if curious:

I'm 6' 2 @ 190.
    I work at a supplment store ;) (no not fucking gnc--its super supplments) So I know all the information about what supplments to use e.t.c.e.t.c.
    I actually already know how to lose weight quickly, or not quickly.
    After all I work in a supplment store and specilize in sports nutrition.

However--_I'm just trying to get an idea of what has worked for you guys/results e.t.c.

So far the advice is good!! :)

So ya--post up advice! :) Its always welcome! :D :smoke:
    lol

pz

14. You guys are making this way to hard with breaking 2000 calories up into percentages of stuff. Seriously, just cut your intake on food. Eat breakfast. ALWAYS. DO NOT GO WITHOUT EATING SOMETHING FOR BREAKFAST. This jumpstarts your metabolism. Eat light, get enough to eat, but put down the fork. That's America's problem to begin with. Ruffage and stuff is good and keeps your metabolism moving. Also, cardio! I do DDR (video game suprisingly enough) for cardio. I do about 10 songs a day with 40 reps of free weights, bicycle crunches, and pushups in between each song. I started in June and have lost 55 lbs thus far. My arms have doubled in size in the last 2 weeks. Abs and pecs are starting to form but I have a lot of belly flab to burn through. Shit pisses me off.

But seriously, you have to resist the munchies. Also, try working out high. I blaze a joint and man I can hammer out 100 reps like it was nothing. But if you're toning you want to do less weight and more reps. To build literal mass you want lots of weight and not as many reps. Just DON'T eat anything before you go to bed. Your body chills when you sleep and that shit will stack up fast.

An earlier poster said it best, the quickest and best way to drop the weight is hard ass work. You also feel very good about yourself when you're done and your whole body is throbbing with powah! Then you take a good hot shower, spark another J, pop a muscle relaxer and chiiiilllll!

15. Good advice so far guys. :) :smoke:

Keep the advice coming---that way I will have various differen't advice to work with and I can combine them all togheter sorta.

pz :) :D :smoke: :p

16. I'm 6'1 @ 180 this method has worked for me

mon - bench, squat
    tue - run bleachers
    wed - dead lift/powerclean
    thu - run 3 miles
    fri - incline bench, squat
    sat & sun - rest

follow these sets and change every week; 5-4-3-2-1, 5x5, 10-8-6, 3x3, 4-4-4-2

17. Bizzz bumping! :)

I just got myself some ephedra pills today. I found a store here in my state that actually sells them--I was quite surprized.
    So anyhow I have the pills--

I'm actually not taking ephedra for primary weightloss--its the energy it gives me, gives me this huge rush of self confidence, and energy that I use when weight lifting.
    I feel like I can lift so much more, and do so many more reps e.t.c. e.t.c. And of course that extra energy really aids me in running e.t.c.

Anyhow--so far the advice has been really good! :)
    Keep it coming! :D

peace

18. whats up man, i know i have talked to you before about this shit, but ill hit u up again....

everyone here is giving you good advice, i think i have seen about 2-3 different methods here and they all work that i know of.

You got the 5-6 little meals a day (with whatever workouts)
    You got the work out different body parts everyday with 1 day rest
    You got the "cut back on food" and jog and drink helly water

honestly, i have seen them all work for people, but the best results have when they are all put together.

Eating 5-6 meals a day, working out different muscles everyday with 1 day rest, cardio, TONS of water, and of course whatever supplements you want.

anyway, that shit works if you have time, what time frame are you lookin @ to lose the weight?

If you need to lose weight fast, and you dont care about gainin muscle yet... i would honestly say try 1 of those diets that you know works. like that Southern Beach thing or shit, even just drink 2 slim fast drinks a day and eat 1 normal healthy meal and do cardio.

Over this past winter i got up to 255 lbs, i was a beast. I'm 6'4 so it might not seem all that big of a deal, but i was pretty fat haha. I had a slim fast drink in the mornin, a healthy lunch, and a slim fast for dinner. I did cardio on tuesday/thursday/saturday (cuz those were the days i had available) and i lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks. A lot of people will tell you its not healthy blah blah blah, but if you need to get your weight down, then that WILL work and QUICK. As soon as i got down to 220 again (what im @ now) i stopped drinkin the slim fast and just got onto a easy meal plan eating 5 times a day and i havent seen any weight come back, i dont even do cardio or lift weights anymore. It's been prolly almost a month since i have done anything but eat sensible.

If you want to lose weight, look @ your food intake. You dont need to work out or even do cardio to loose weight, but cardio and tons and tons or water will get you there.

later

19. quike and simple....dont mix carb's with fats (the hardest thing in the world), eat fresh fruits 5 veg a day,fish is good,skined chicken steamed with veg etc. i lost 2 stone last year,i found if u eat the same food again and again u lose weight quick but does get boring iam not all that on many veg so it was hard for me i just ate carribean chicken peas and rice for a year nearly that worked for me ,,,,,,,,,,,fuck it.. life is to short why go through it hungrey! u can have the best body in the world but that dont stop smoking making your lungs go black lol :p