Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quickest and easiest way to clean a spoon pipe?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ColoradoToking, Apr 2, 2013.

1. I made a thread like this before but now I'm wondering how to clean a small spoon pipe with common household items, I don't have any rubbing alcohol or anything like that Is there anything else I could use?

2. Warm vinegar and salt works fine. Soak it for a bit, then scrub the shit out of it. Takes longer than using alcohol though. You can also use soap and hot water if you rinse really well afterward.

3. easy, get a bag, isopropyl alcohol (the higher % the better), and regular table salt, put enough to cover a bowl/spoon/pipe in a little baggie, (i usually put the alcohol in first, let sit 5 minutes, add salt, let sit 5 minutes, then shake for 10-15 ) then let sit after all that for a bit, rinse it off let it dry and it should be clean!

4. He said he didnt have alcohol. He wants to know what "household product" he can use.

5. Windex cleans glass.

6. And it probably leaves behind a nasty residue.

7. you can use nail polish remover just make sure to let the bowl sit for like 5-10 minutes after you clean it BEFORE you rinse it with water, so the acetone could evaporate, then rinse the hell out of it

8. honestly put it in boiling water and scrub it
    it should get most of it off also vinegar

9. Don't boil it unless u want to crack it

10. Really? Don't post ignorant responses that will break his piece....

11. It won't crack if you gradually warm it up, I've done it a couple times before

12. just go buy some ISO alcohol

13. Gradually warming it up and boiling are 2 different things . And doesn't heat make glass expand ?

14. I use efferdent on my pipe. Its made for dentures, but it works well for my purposes. I had some in my cabinet, and then place it in water with the pipe, wait a few hours, and then run some water through it and its alot cleaner than it was.

15. #15 BurnAFewDown, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
    A couple times? That's hardly concrete evidence. Please tell me why my first bong broke then. Hot water is the devil, especially on soft glass. I've seen 3 other ppl brake their piece that way too. i tell em not to do it and they respond with what you just said, then it brakes and I laugh and say told you so.
    Plus ISO is much much more efficient and quick. $2 for a bottle that will last you months