quick yes, no id do it again or not question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Buns., Jan 17, 2010.

1. second grow but first REAL proper grow. here goes i have some kids under cfl's for the veg. since nov 25 and they are beautiful. few weeks ago i copped a 600hps for them i jus fliped the lights on them yesterday. i know the hps and cfl have diff colour specs NOW my question is should i keep the cf's in the mix or since there in flower should i jus keep the Hp? thanks ahead GC peeps. out to go grab some fox farms now

2. As long as you aren't over-taxing the electrical system leaving the cfls in place they shouldn't hurt. More light the better, I says. Might even move them along the sides to even out distribution.

3. Yeah I was thinking whip up something to face the light to the lower parts of them it I were to keep hem in the mix. Thanks to the advice.

4. Got any pics? I am qurious about using cfls for vegging and would love to see how they look. I have two HID lights that I am using right now but I am considering setting up some cfl lights for a veg/clone room. Thanx!

5. The casting range for a CFL isn't much past 2", so when your plants are big the light from the CFL won't be as useful. My suggestion is to save some money on your power bill. I don't think you're going to get everything you're looking for from lower wattage bulbs. An18" plant with a 12" canopy would hardly benefit in that environment.