Quick, urgent water question!!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by 4Jo2nes0, May 17, 2011.

1. Ok, so I'm trying to get about 10 gallons of water into my bubble buckets, only problem is my tap is gross and I don't want my babies in dirty water. Biggest issue is it had yup be done tonight!! Roots have been out of the net pot for about a week and its stunting my baby's growth. :(

My question: cheap, easy ways to get my plants water.

Would purified (drinking) water be ok? Or spring water?

Thanks blades!!

2. if your tap water is good enough for human consumption, best believe a plant can drink it. Just keep the ph in check. I like 5.6 to 6.3

3. Lol that's the thing, we don't drink the tap. Has a tint to it and tastes funny lol

Ph reads about 6.8

4. get some ph down and get it down to 5.6 to 6.3. You can get away with 6.8 if u need to. But if ur in a place where there are no hydro stores check the "cheap ph down" thread and get to work bro! Im not sure of ph in spring water.

5. Sorry DonBlaze, but I totally disagree with you across the board here...
    Humans can drink hard water, but it is really no good for hydroponic growing...
    If it smells and tastes funny, most likely you're dealing with hard water...

Go to the market and get two 5gal bottled water jugs...
    It may cost you 6-8 bucks...

At 6.1 the plants will start to experience Phosphorus deficiencies, because anything above a 6.0 you will lockout K..

Also, NO WAY can hydroponic marijuana can handle a PH of 6.8!!!
    You will have nothing but nute problems and yield will suffer drastically...

SEE FOR YOURSELF!!
    [​IMG]

You can use them to lower PH, but I would not suggest it at ALL..
    Go to Google Shopping and search "GH PH Down" if need be, order with a second day ship..

Good luck... :smoke:

6. ooops my bad, im still learnin too. Ddnt mean to giv messd up info bro.

7. No worries mate...
    Just wanted to help you out too, maybe save you some future problems...

You always to stay as close to 5.8 as possible..

8. Sweet!!! Thanks for all the info. I couldn't find anything as big as 5 gallons, so I bought 2 2.5 gallon jugs of purified water. Ph was at 7 and I did some adjusting and got it to 5.8.

I already bought my ph up, down and nutes a while back (was prepared somewhat lol) but thanks for the tips and references and whatever (I'm a lil high, excuse my rambles ::smoke::)

So, after adding my nutes, I had to slightly readjust the ph and left it at 5.6 cause I got tired of fooling with it. And I'm now proud to say, I have my first plant ever started in my bubble bucket and more to come. Hopefully this strawberry diesel can bounce back from being without the full water supply and stuff of the bucket.

Thanks again guys, I'll try and post a pic of her. ;)

9. minor note but i figured i'd state it anyways... phosphorous is p, k is potassium, you dont want that locked out either so the info is all still valid, just figured i'd mention that

10. There we go. Pics of my one bucket so far. From being in the bucket one night she has already grown and has new roots growing!! I'm so excited lol

Attached Files:

11. One correctition: Add nutes THEN adjust ph if needed.

12. jakesterjammin is right on the money..........Water is king in hydro growin! I have the same problem with hard water. You can always lower the PH but the calcium and other garbage in the water will be the death of a grow. I learned the hard way and now am a firm follower in quality h2o. I have started a home water program with the local water company and the measly 25 a month is worth every nickel to be free of the crud the city calls water. believe it my friends!

Herb

13. After one more night I got even more growth! I'm amazed at how quickly its growing. Yesterday I noticed I change from lunch time to the time I got off work!! The leaves were thicker!! Now from yesterdays pics you can see how much the two little leaves have grown. They're not pointing up anymore either. ph was at 5.9. Could not check tds, rushed to work. I'll have to check it when I go home for lunch. yesterday it read that it went down from when I put her in there so I guess shes eating. :D
    Hmm.. Maybe I should start a grow journal... Lol

::EDIT::
    Tonight, I'll be adding my exodus cheese to a bucket!!

Attached Files: