Quick Turn On Fox News...

Discussion in 'General' started by antwanp, Apr 27, 2006.

1. yeah dude those horses and poles are gonna rape our machine guns and rocket launchers

2. The fact that Canada is the number one peacekeeping country in the word seems to be lost on you americans.

3. I actually read recently that we currently do very little peacekeeping compared to in the past when that reputation became popular. I'll try to dig up the article.

4. Won't ever happen i believe. We all know, with all the nuclear weapons, it would just destroy...well everything, a nuclear war will never happen...ever. That's just what I believe...

5. That's why we had the Cold War for so long... mutually assured destruction kept both sides from making a first strike. But since there's no more Cold War, and the Soviets have sold much of their stockpiles to other coutries in order to create revenue, the grip that we used to have on the nuclear weapons has slipped. We've got several countries now with nuclear capabilities and all it would take is one freakin' fanatic to set off a bomb. And it's those fanatics that we have to worry about, moreso now than ever. Without the Cold War the entire world has become vulnerable to the whims of fanatics.

Although there may not be an all out nuclear war, the nuclear threat is now greater than it ever was. It's just that now we don't know who's going to be pushing the button. We have an ill-defined enemy, unlike when we were up against the Soviets. We knew who had power then. Now we have no specific region at which to aim our weapons. The bombs could be sent from anywhere, or even planted inside our own borders. We just don't know. :cool:

6. Im a firm beliver that fanatacis with nukes will start WW3, hell they get 72virgins when they die

7. Its olny because their are so many more conflicts in this world that we do less peacekeeping.
    We olny have a few amount willing to help and when we do we have to spread the help so thin that it seems like we do almost nothing at all...All you have to do is google "ongoing wars" and you get lists of armed conflicts. I find it sad that people cant just get along but its the sad truth that they cant and never will. i can olny fear the future and what is to come.

Sorry if i was rambling its just hard for me to get everything out of my head on to the computer..

8. I think the reason we do less peacekeeping is because we have a war mongerer in the Oval Office. :cool:

9. dude ++ rep to joint and rasta, very bold and interesting statements that are def true in my opinion as well. I enjoyed your posts joint and rasta

the fact is, if George in the white house thinks someone has invaded us, or thinks were under attack, he will prolly blow up the other 6 continents and leave N.A. alone because the canadians are to nice lol. idk just high and not thining

10. I'll be honest with you guys. I don't knock Bush for going to war with Iraq.

Saddam hates us just as equally as Osama Bin Laden . The difference between

the two is Saddam had his own country, military, weapons, planes, etc. . . Osama

is almost like a rogue, guerrilla style. If anyone at the time was capable of black

marketing Weapons of mass destruction it was Saddam. And, If your sitting there

saying "Saddam didn't have any weapons of mass destruction" you've been

misinformed. Actually, the reason we know he did is because we Americans

supplied him with everything! We pretty much sponsored his army to fight off the

the iranians. Why did we sponsor him??? The once Ottoman Empire has a

considerable amount of Oil.

Now Sadamn is on trial for killing millions of people with his new toys that we so

ignorantly gave away. If we didn't goto war with Iraq you can bet your arse

that Osama and his click would definately be better outfitted with precision bombs

with the tag "Made in USA".

Now yet another unstable gov't with a totalitarian leader has stepped up to the plate.

The problem however, is the fact that the new President of Iran has got two fookin

sense. The guy is smart as shit and was once leader of a terrorist organization (yeah,

they don't like Americans either). And keep in mind we just sponsored Sadamn to

kill alot of people in that region during the Gulf. I can almost see Akmoud Ed muhad-

jefari amoudaba or whatever his name is trying to ward off the U.S. and trigger happy

Sadamn.

I just think the leadership in the last 10-15 years has slowly been diggin our grave.

That's why i'm moving to Canada. a barely populated province.

that's my two cents

11. Ignorantly? Try looking at it from the perspective of us deliberately giving it to them and the plot becomes so much more sinister.

What was it, back in the 80's? When we were supplying weapons to both sides of the Iraq/Iran war... not giving a damn who won just as long as we got our oil? That's when I first started noticing the covert operations involving the US government and how we have the ability to manipulate world order. It disgusted me back then... now that I've seen where it was leading, it just scares me.

12. Not to mention Korea in the 50's and during the 90's: Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Israel, Egypt, and currently Afghanistan and Haiti

Since the early 90's, there has been little to warrant large peacekeeping forces, minus the dedicated UN forces that are stationed globally. We are currently in Afghanistan trying to calm the Sunni and Shite conflict and still in Haiti.

Canada is still the number one peacekeeping nation on the planet, taking part in nearly every single UN peacekeeping operation, as well as our own independant operations.

Canada may not have huge numbers, or a massive military budget, but that doesn't mean that Canada has succeed where the United States has failed, just read up on Korea. Or WWI and WWII. The Canadian Forces are hailed as a potent fighting forces and have notoriously been able to be more effective than other first world armies.

If you don't believe me, seriously do some research on Korea.

And if you still don't believe me, i have two words for you to google: VIMY RIDGE

13. Ignorantly, Deliberately the fact is we supplied terrorist with the weapons and the

know-how for years! all because we value their Oil soo much that we're gonna start

a fookin war and have people kill each other. And for what? Fighting over that last

little bit of Non-renewable oil that they have????? Pumping Billions upon Billions upon

more fuckin billions of dollars into something that WE ALL FREAKING KNOW IS GONNA

RUN OUT!! When we could be pumping billions of dollars into Hemp for ethanol among

many other uses. Hydrogen Fuel cells etc. . . . .But NO. We put the little bit of

money left over from fueling war efforts, gov't allowing themselves to get charged

3x the norm for ANYTHING they do because people know the gov't will pay anything

to not actually have to get their hands dirty.

Don't get me wrong, I Love the USA!!! But I Fucking despise politics and more and

more each day I feel we have been douped into believing Bush, the "Decider"

14. The man speaks the truth. We took the ridge after everyone else failed.

I stand proud of the fact that Canada contains the largest number of english-and-french speaking soldiers that have never surrendered during any war, under any circumstances, ever.