quick transplant and root trimming question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by richirich_99, Oct 24, 2008.

1. I have two mothers that i need to get into smaller containers because the ones they are in are just too big in my small cab, i was wondering, would my two mothers survive if i transplanted into smaller pots with better soil, and trimmed to roots to help make room for them in a smaller pot? im not too worried about how big she is, i want her to stay small and bushy so i can take lots of clones off them for my SOG that im starting.

Also any one know of any good links or some info on how to trim roots, this will be my first time.

2. i wouldnt do that, it will shock the hell out of the plant.. prolly kill it.

3. so a search on bonzai moms...there should be some info on it...but Im not sure on moving a large plant into a small container, I would prob just take a cutting and grow out new moms and keep them in the size pots you want.

4. yeah thats what im going to have to do, the only sad thing is i will have to just get rid of my mother in the larger container because she wouldnt nearly grow very well under my cfl's because she's too big and bushy. but i may try to give her to a friend that has an mh/hps to use. Thanks for the help, i've been reading about bonsai mom's.