Quick-Thinking Utilization of Narcoleptic Ingenuity

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by drexel25, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Umm, here's an older story, I just felt like typing it up, I guess.

When I was in high school, for the last three years I was the head of all audio related operations for the school system. We had a new high school, and a fantastic auditorium. I ran all audio and lighting, and that's where I spent most of my time in school. I was the only person who could operate any of it, so the control booth with 400k+ worth of equipment and the auditorium were my playground.

Let me tell you, walking around and hanging off catwalks and adjusting lights 50 feet off the ground in the dark with the seats just looming below you with some ganster music bumping at 118Db deafening your ears and all lights down except for an automated light show I made beforehand and being the only one there.....that makes for some pretty surreal experiences.

So I had an apprentice (a friend of mine) that I would train to do basic things in the control room. Mind you, I am one of four people in the school system that have keys to this room (I'm not legally supposed to, because it was also a key to open the school, but they allowed it anyways), the others being the performing arts teacher (my homie, smoke ciggs with her since I was 14 or some shit, I make shit happen for her so it's all good. she just died, actually....lol), the janitor, and the principal (also my boy).

We're up in the control room, and we smoke down a blunt (it's safe, did it for years without ever being caught, and some even kind-of knew. I was everybody's boy because I did this shit, so it was all good). We're sitting there all ripped as shit, because it was far more fire than I had anticipated. We're chillin and bumpin music, rattling the aud. and fucking around with lights and what not.

See, my one downfall is that sometimes I accidentally would bump the button that runs whatever I'm pumping through the auditorium through the hall speakers throughout the school too. Bad when classes are all going. Especially bad when I have it running at max volume, and it's some prodigy or rap, etc.

I managed to completely overlook the simple inherent action of looking over my shoulder at the control to make sure it was illuminated and muted on the rack behind me. It's second nature, but I guess it isn't when I'm ripped.

So, middle of the school day, principal cruises on in to the auditorium (he's talking to me from down a tier of seats, in the center of the audience). I open the window panels directly in front of me and lower the music, all ripped as shit, and flip a light on to see what's up. When I turn the light on, I notice there's a visible haze throughout the room I'm in.:smoking:

"Travis, you're shaking the building."
    -"Huh?"
    "The music. You have it playing through the halls."
    -"...What halls?"
    "The school, Travis."
    -"Oh....uh...I guess I'll turn that off, then...."
    "That'd be good." -pause- "So what are you doing up there?"
    -"uhh.........well....."

At that time I abruptly dropped to the floor below view of him, looking as if I just fell to the ground mid-sentence. I did this on purpose out of quick thinking.
    :eek:
    Silence for a couple seconds...

"Travis?"

At this point, my apprentice (ripped as well) makes himself visible, and says,

-"uhh....."
    "What the hell happened to Travis??"

This is where my apprentice shined through with his true colors and proved himself a worthy pair.

-"....He fell asleep.":hello:
    "Oh. Well, whatever. Keep the music out of the halls."

I'm narcoleptic. I just faked a sleep-attack is what occurred here. He knows I am, as well as my apprentice. I was absolutely blown away at the seamlessness of my dropping to the ground and his realization to say that I fell asleep under such duress. It was a phenomenal performance. :hello::hello::D

He left...and we proceeded to resume bumping with the halls muted :D:smoking:

Ah, and for those that will claim it was a stupid thing to do, please just forgo all that. The circumstances are far more explainable and reasonable than I can tell you here. Just ignore the risk, please, I'm not going to go in depth.

2. Haha, hilarious story, man! I'm glad i'm at a good stoned level to read that, made it even funnier :D

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNrhmbc0y_8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNrhmbc0y_8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

;)

3. Haha. That was an awesome story. Best story I've heard in a while

4. I can't quite figure how prodigy fits in, but hell yeah, lol. Thanks man, glad to hear you were feeling good:smoking:

5. that was a seriously sweet video.