Quick thinking got me out of being caught by DA POLICE

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by WokeNBoken, Feb 11, 2010.

1. I was selling a snowblower the other day, and my truck's inspection just happened to run out a month or two ago. It IS illegal for you to be driving without an inspection sticker, but I hadn't had any trouble with it yet, so I just went for it. I was about halfway to my destination when there was a red light. Sure as shit, waiting to pull out from the gas station, into the spot in front of me, is a cop. He turns, looks at my windshield, and backs up so that I go ahead of him. And pulls me over.

Gave him all the info. He asked what the smell was (I had toked before I left the house.) I told him it was a cigarette. He agreed and went back to his car. It was at this point I realized there were more than a couple blunt roaches in the ashtray. So all solid snake like, I grab them and put them under the sole of my foot, in my shoe.

The cop comes back. "can you step out of the vehicle?" and since I knew I didn't have anything else illegal, I went with it. He pats me down for "weapons", then asks to search my truck. I let him and he does a quick once over, ashtray, glovebox, rummage through the shit on the floor for 10 seconds, then says "I'm issuing you a ticket for driving without an inspection sticker."

"Yes sir."

Knowing the dick cops in the town that I was in, I would have been royally assfucked for having blunt roaches.

2. Shouldn't of let him search you car man, what if there was something you missed. Always deny searches even if you think there is nothing in the car. Even though you got off anyways. :smoke:

3. cops don't have the right to search you or your car. You're lucky you got out of it okay, but yea, always deny searches. That's the one thing cops cannot do.

4. The cop obviously smelled weed. OP did the right thing. If he denied it the cop would have searched it anyway but been WAYYYY more thurough.

Denying a search is for when your hiding something they will find. He felt out the situation and made the right choices.

5. A while back a friend got pulled over at like 3AM, he told us he knocked the pig out somehow when he asked him for his license. He took his 9mm and his taser and raided his car for some other crap, then dragged him in the middle of the street. We didn't believe him at first until he showed us the 9 and all the other crap. :eek: he painted his car with spraypaint LOL

6. HAHAHA! thats great! if you do that watch out for the cops Dashboard cam.

IMPORTANT!!!!

Cop "May i search your car"
    You "I respectfully deny to answer that question"
    Cop "So you're saying no"
    You "No, im saying im not going to answer that question, you may search my car if you have a proper warrent offcier"

Worst case scenario you have to wait until he gets a search warrent, he searches your car and finds your shit anyways, but HOPFULLY the cop will leave you alone becuase you are wasting his time.

7. It doesn't matter, a missing inspection sticker is enough probable cause.

8. if op would have denied a search the cop could have called in teh dogs

9. You guys should really watch the Never Get Busted videos.

When you deny a search to your car (I've been in this situation) they go back to their car and radio for more officers (because logically, if you're denying a search, you've got something you don't want them to see). They will also start profiling you more and search much more thoroughly if they find probable cause.

By letting him search my truck, knowing I hadn't missed anything, he just did a quick once over, and sent me on my way. If I had refused, (which I have done, when I was younger), more cops would have come in, and they'd be trying to find ANYTHING to use as probable cause to search your vehicle.

I got pulled over once when I was under 18, I had a grinder, pipe, and a bunch of papers, stashed in my car. The officer had obviously used profiling to pull me over, because when I asked why he pulled me over he said "because you were following too close to the car in front of you." When there was no car in front of me. He asked to search my vehicle, I said no. He asked why, I said "its my 4th amendment right." He went back to his car. Two more officers show up, they see an empty cigarette box on the floor and since I was under 18, used that as probable cause. They took everything out of my car, every floormat, the spare tire in the trunk, shook it around, etc.

Its a lot easier to comply with the cops than it is to fight them. If you've got your shit taken care of, just let them search, they won't tear apart your vehicle, like if you were to refuse.

10. Sounds like the cops in my town. Assholes.