quick temp. question..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nice_nugz, Apr 17, 2009.

1. just curious from anyone whos experienced this, is it possible to keep a 3'x3.5'x8' room cooled to the correct temps with a 170 cfm inline fan using a 400 watt hps light.

My room is about 80 cu ft and to my understanding the 170 cfm inline fan will replace the air in the room every 30 seconds. Im gonna look around in the grow journals and do some research but i thought id post just to see if anyone can give me a quick answer :smoking:

2. Is it a true 170cfm or is it one of the inline duct booster fans, like from home depot?

Edit: Is it an aircooled 400w?

3. I have similar room with 400 watt MH. Everything was running ok until i put a carbon filter on and that restricted my air flow greatly. I have now bought a stanley blower to pull the air out but it still is reaching temps of 80 - 85.

Right now i am running a 6" inline fan for the intake and the stanley blower on the exhaust.

Next grow i am for sure going to purchase a cool tube for the lights. I believe its almost a must have in tight closet like spaces.