Quick shroom question...

Discussion in 'General' started by 1SterlingSmoker, Jul 10, 2007.

1. So I've only taken shrooms once (around april) and got so blasted out of my mind I can barely remember what they looked like before me and my buddy took them. Anyway, we got some more today and on this batch i noticed some white moldy looking growths on them. I know they are supposed to LOOK like death but I'm wondering about those moldy looking deals. Edible? Overly- paranoid? A little help GC, I know I can trust you. Thanks

2. Mushrooms look funky man, especially dried. One time I actually called my friend who sold them to me at 2 o clock in the morning to make sure that "those sparkling diamonds on the mushrooms you sold me werent poisonous"... they were just a silver tint... and they were the best shrooms I ever ate. Don't eat the shrooms unless someone else eats them with you.. would suck to die alone, especially while tripping.

3. ....but you wouldnt die if you did actually trip?

4. you'll see the same moldy stuff under the cow patties, its a natural part of the shroom, and is usually formed during the early stages of the fruits growth

5. but d00d, you're better off not doing shrooms. i almost made myself retarded the last time i tripped on them. i ate 7 p. cubensis shrooms that had caps half the size of a dinner plate. me and my friends were like cave men... crushing stuff with rocks... picking dew berries and eating them like we were foragers, we even cut the head off a dead goat because we assumed it had somthing to do with the fairy land we were in. (it was a fairy land becuase we found the most beautiful patch of woods, and dubbed it fairy land becuase we thought all the bugs flying around were fairys) all while one of my friends wouldnt stop crying his eyes out... he was wailing like a baby... if i wasnt so gone it would have ruined my trip.

6. i dont know if i should laugh or give sympathy

7. You should've had a sober trip sitter dude. Cutting the head off a goat? And it sounds like your one friend who was crying was having a bad trip, it would've been nice if you had a sober sitter to try and help him.

And don't tell people that they're better off not doing shrooms. Shrooms are fine, as long as you're responsible about them, and know your dose.

8. i love shrooms, even though they taste horrible most of the time (certain types i've had taste like almonds). i normally only have about 2 g's when i wanna trip

9. I meant don't eat shrooms you are unsure of...:rolleyes:

10. Don't do shrooms if you are young and stupid, or either.

11. It depends, a description cannot help. I would take pics. Odds are it's just the bruising from the picking, and I doubt it's cobweb mold. Gray,pink/red, and blue/green are your enemies with shrooms. I would smell them too. any rancid or chemical smell generally is bad.

12. psilocybin mushrooms are not poiseness. actually, the national institute for occupational saftey and health say that aspirin and nicotine are more leathal than psilocybin. the more mold the more psilocybin. so have fun and be careful. most mushrooms you eat from the bag to trip arent grown on cow shit, most are grown in labs, so you dont really have to worry about cow shit on mushrooms.

13. Or irresponsible

Grown in labs, huh? :rolleyes:

14. 80 % of the shrooms I have eaten have been grown in labs (ive shroomed close to 40 times) I live in a small town too... with lots of cow pastures.. everyone just chooses to grow them in home labs.

15. I thought he was referring to labs as in a workplace for scientists. I haven't heard of one of those growing chambers refferred to as a lab.

16. "lab" like "rubbermade container"?

17. by lab he probably means the bags you can buy, not a rubbermaid.

mine are so close...about 3 or 4 more days, they all just started fruiting, 40+ shrooms about 1cm tall, so excited :D

18. just in case youd wanna know... cow shit just tastes like normal dirt... nice and gritty

19. by labs I mean my friends do them in a lab :hello::D

20. I know its wrong but i laughed so dam hard at that.