quick seed question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by doob3r, Nov 7, 2006.

1. I bought my HPS and ballast off of a buddy and he grew some really really good smoke,
    i got some seeds off of him when i bought it i just havent germed them yet, the strain was called messiah he said and the only seeds he has came from a plant that went hermie on him and he told me that they have a much better shot at being girls, is this true if so im going to start with those seeds instead of waiting on the NL seeds i ordered,

any input is greatly appreciated

-doob3r

2. boy, i can see a bunch of people getting in on this and arguing. if you have seeds from a plant that hermied, then the seeds will most likely produce hermie offspring. that's not to say that the buds will be crap pot. on the contrary. it will be as good as the plant it came from. what will (most likely) happen is you will have a plant that will germinate itself and be seeded. the pot will still be great smoke. the problem is it will germinate itself and be full of hermie seeds. what you want from a hermie is the pollen so you can germinate some other female plant so you can produce female seeds. that's the plan anyway. it doesn't always work out that way. it's a very complicated process.

3. yeah, you cant expect to grow sinsemillia dope your second grow. i just didnt know if a hermie seed had a better chance at being full-blown female. than any said ordered seed, the ones i ordered arent feminized.