quick scrog question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whuh, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Im doing a scrog and was wondering if the height of the screen affects yield? Im growing an indica dominant strain under a 600w mh/hps. Will i get a larger yield if i put it at 16"-18" then if i put it at 12"-14"?

2. you will take longer to veg!indicas stay shorter to begin with so letting it go taller before hitting the screen will have too many bud sites below the screen.in my opinion,you would be better served going a little lower with the screen and making sure you fill the screen 75 % at least before flipping to 12/12

3. Thanks for the advice. So what height do you recommend I put the screen? To be more specific this strain is supposed to be 75% indica 25% sativa.

Anyone else have opinions on this?

4. I don't really have an opinion more of a question. Why would people want to grow/smoke Indica heavy strains? Isn't that supposed to be the "sleepy" weed, as the Sativa is the "active" weed.

5. diff people like diff things. i prefer sativa but i still like to enjoy some indo every now and then when i don't have anything to do but chill. plus indo finishes like 2 weeks to a month earlier than most sativa's so that's probably a big factor too

6. try 12 and see if that height works.i am only on my second round of modular scrog and cut mine down to 13 from 14 and will probably go to 12 next due to new indica being short and bushy.i am no expert but think i had to much space from the pot to the screen with a hybrid that stretches alot.my current grow is both,the hybrid and a indica and the indica has too much under the screen.