Quick Scrog Net Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cola Grande, Mar 7, 2018.

1. What dimensions of scrog netting is best?
    2x2 squares, 3x3, 5x5 ???
    What should I use? How high? Should I double stack?
    Does PVC make the best frame? Something else?
    I have three, 7 week old plants LST'ed to about 10" high 15" in diameter in a 4'x4'x80" tent and putting them into flower 5 days from now.
    Gotta order some soon...
    Thanks folks!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. preferences . that is all . your going to have to make that judgment call your self. i prefer bamboo poles . i can space the branches anyway i want any position . sometimes branches grow uneven i can bend a branch and bamboo pole it to direct it under a different light . i think its less work using bamboo poles . so play around find what works best for you .. a lot of my friends use tomato cages for monster plants . i dont think thee is a wrong answer if it works for you .

• Like Like x 2
  3. Are you referring to the three that I'm manifolding or the three that I'm LST'ing, bryan?
    Thanks for the comeback because, since it's my first indoor, I could probably use advice on both styles...

4. if i had to use nets i would use the 3/3 , or 5/5 depending . you r plants look like 3/3 to me unless your under 1000s of watts . and plan on vegging huge 4 foot or more . 3/3 way to go plenty of room for the branches to grow and more holes for branches . keep in mind the light only go about 2 foot deep into the plants no need to double stack the nets . and for the frame ?? its totally whatever works better for you there is no wrong answer but i do see why your asking about the holes . buy the 3/3

5. I used 3x4" PVC with 2 inch squares at 16" above the plants. Worked pretty well in a 2x4 space.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. I should've been more precise and asked if you were referring to the three that are getting scrogged or the three that are getting the manifold treatment.
    Now, when you refer to the 16" height above the plants, is that the initial distance the day I flip, or...?
    Should I also put another net on top of the first as in like a secondary net?
    Thanks again!

'

7. Do u mean a grid made of bamboo

8. When I Scrog I use one screen, 16" above the top of the buckets or smart pots. If it's an indica dominant plant that won't stretch much I'll fill up the whole screen and flip to flowe