Quick Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by paenk, Jun 17, 2004.

1. I just have some quick questions about watering, and replanting. I have currently placed my germianted seeds in some cleaned out pop cans /w holes and some small pots in peat moss. I wetted the peat moss, placed the seeds and then watered a little bit again. So I ask you, how often should I water? I felt around and it's not wet at all at the bottom, should I water?

I also understand I should see seedlings in about 4 days, is this true? After about two weeks I plan to replant into 5 gallon pots. So these are my plans, notify me if I am doin somethin wrong.

2. "I have currently placed my germianted seeds in some cleaned out pop cans /w holes and some small pots in peat moss. I wetted the peat moss, placed the seeds and then watered a little bit again. So I ask you, how often should I water? I felt around and it's not wet at all at the bottom, should I water?"

You should not try to water seedlings much. The more you water the slower they grow. The roots take off in search for water, so if water is everywhere the roots will not grow as fast therefor the plant will not grow as fast. And if you flood the seedlings they can die.

Stick your finger about 1" down into the soil, if it's bone dry water, if it's moist you're good. You'll start to get the "feel" for it. You'll start to be able to tell plants that need watering from a plants that don't just on the weight of the pot that they're in.... dry = light, moist = heavier.....

"I also understand I should see seedlings in about 4 days, is this true?"

2 days here. Keep the light off them so the soil won't dry out and wait till they sprout. Once sprouted, you're ready to crank up the light and go...... Most seedlings will sprout in 3-5 days. (There's some info on that in my "what to do after germination" post). :D

"After about two weeks I plan to replant into 5 gallon pots. So these are my plans, notify me if I am doin somethin wrong."

Sounds good. Try not to transplant more than twice. That can really be harmful to your plants. Other than that you're sounding good up in the hood. I wish ya luck.

som