Quick Questions on 2000Watt grow in room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by razzapiggy, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Hey Guys

New to the forum, and new to growing tomatoes as well. I have alot of friends who share the hobby, so I have received some help buying materials and such, but now it's time to get the room set up.
    The room is 9 feet deep and 11 feet wide... and ceilings are tall enough that height should not matter at all.

Mother will be kept in the closet, and two 1000 watt lamps will be in the main room.

--What is the ideal dimensions to hang the lights up at? I want them somewhat in the middle of the room so I have room to walk around the babies. However, I do not want to want to waste space in the room. Would I put up a wall like thing to keep the light inside of the area desired for the plants?

--Also another question, do I want the lights hanging with the long side parellel to the long side of the room or the opposite way?

Thanks for the help.
    P.S I will be using the one lamp for two weeks while vegging, and then putting on the other lamp and switching to 12/12.

2. if the room is bigger then you need, i'd hang the lights dead center and either make from plywood and 2x4's or buy a partition or two. cover said partition (or movable "wall" if you will) with mylar and there you can move the walls closer or further away depending on the situation. just an idea (i did that on a smaller scale on my first grow) i did it using cardboard.

3. Your room is almost exactly the same size as mine.

I hang mine lengthwize about 4 ft apart from center.

Distance from the tops of the plant will differ as the plant grows so it will have to be adjustable.

One thing i hope you have and thats an A/C.... i have in one of my veg rooms 2 x 1000 and i have to have the a/c on and set at 78 to keep the room that way no matter what i did for in out fans it simply just got to hot with the MH 1000W

4. great idea + rep

5. also to make adjusting your lights really easy get a couple of small pulleys and some nylon rope. rig that up and adjustments are a snap.