Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Quick questions about making cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by hkhghfgf, May 27, 2009.

1. Last night I picked up some absolute dirt middies that were supposed to be an O, but ended up being about 23 grams (It was so cheap that I'm not even going to try to get my money back). Well the pot is really shakey and just has a lot of powder (it was the last off a brick, apparantly) so I can't do anything with it really besides cook it.

What I want to know is:
    How many sticks of butter should I use for my bud? Like what's the most I could use and still have it be pretty potent? Ideally I would like like enough for 2-3 batches of brownies.

Can I run the bud through my grinder and keep the kief? I would like to try making some easy kief hash, but if keeping the kief out of the butter is going to mess with the potency too much, Ill just leave it in.

Is the sitting period really necessary? In Hashmouf's cannabutter tutorial I saw that he includes a 24 hour waiting period before using the butter, is this really necessary? I have like a 6 hour period where I can do this today, and I would really like to do it all in one shot.

Thanks for any help you can give

2. if you use all the weed (23g) you should use i think 3 or 4 sticks of butter and have enough for 3 batches of very strong brownies, an expert should verify tho

3. Well considering most batches of brownies make 2 dozen (24).

Even just 1 batch would be weak at less then a gram per brownie.

4. im picturing smaller batches, if u make it a gram per brownie that will be plenty strong imo